Fortran 77 option

Fortran 77 option

bangnet's picture

hello,

i have an old program written in fortran 77 that i am trying to compile using ifc. is there an option that i can give to ifc to specify that i want it to compile it as a fortran 77 program? ie, not complain about features that are obsolescent etc? i do not want to merely suppress the warning messages by using -w90 or -w95...

thanks,
barb.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

There is no option to ifc that says "pretend I'm an F77 compiler". Suppressing the warnings is your best option.

Steve

Steve
WHeat.'s picture

Hello,

Can i compile a program written in Fortran 77 with intel Parallel Studio XE for windows ans Visual Studio 2012 ? If the answer is Yes, how can i do ?

Thanks

Adel.

Tim Prince's picture

If it's fixed form source you would normally use .f or .for file name suffix. If you mean non standard extensions not covered by use ifport et al you could ask specifics here.

FortranFan's picture

Quote:

WHeat. wrote:

Hello,

Can i compile a program written in Fortran 77 with intel Parallel Studio XE for windows ans Visual Studio 2012 ? If the answer is Yes, how can i do ?

Thanks

Adel.

Adel,

You may want to post your questions on the "Intel Fortran on Windows" forum at http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/ instead of this one for Linux and OS X.

Readers on this other forum are a lot more knowledgeable about Windows and Microsoft's Visual Studio.

Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

In most cases, simply compile the source. It should "just work". There are some cases where later revisions to the language changed the meaning of some things in F77, but those are unusual and there's options to get the old behavior if needed.

Steve

Login to leave a comment.