More namelist questions

More namelist questions

Hello all,
A few questions:
1. Is there any way to direct a namelist write to format the output in a line per variable output? Our programs use namelists extensively, many of the namelists are hand edited frequently for various reasons, and the current output of a namelist write is difficult at best to read through or diff with existing namelists to verify data.

2. Is there any way to default a namelist write to automatically use DELIM='APOSTROPHE', without explicitly setting this in each namelist open? I can see the benefit of being able to change this variable per namelist requirements, but is there any reason why there is not a default value of apostrophe?

3. Is there any way to force the namelist write to use the extensions $NAMELIST and $END instead of the &NAMELIST and '/'?

Thanks
Harley Tigner

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

1. No.

2. No, and because the standard says so. It's the file open where you specify DELIM=. It isn't on a per-NAMELIST or per-variable basis.

3. Not in the current version, but it may appear in the future version that uses a run-time library derived from Compaq Fortran's, as it has this as an option. Keep in mind that the $ syntax is non-standard (though it was a de-facto standard prior to F90.)

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks!

FWIW, I noticed that Compaq Fortran formats NAMELIST output the way you want it, with each variable on a new line, so that behavior will come to Intel Fortran too.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks again. Learning as I go...
Harley

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today