Accessible error in interface block

Accessible error in interface block

Dear all,

I'm trying to port f77 / f90 codes which run well with Compaq VF on Windows XP to our newly installed IFC version 7.1 on Redhat 9.0 smp cluster (aware of the library problem--now run with -i_dynamic in ifc.cfg).

I've got an IO error 119 when compiling a module in which interface
blocks are declared. The error consistently occurs in the blocks where a function is declared with real (DP) and the variables are also real (DP) like below

interface
real (DP) function area(x1,y1,x2,y2,x3,y3)
use somemodule
implicit none
real (DP) x1,y1,x2,y2,x3,y3 !----got the IO error on this line
intent (in) :: x1,y1,x2,y2,x3,y3
end function area
end interface

It seems that ifc is not happy with real (DP) being declared twice in a block? I always get "More than one program entity with this name is accessible" (Error 119)

Is there a work around to this problem? Not too sure if version 8.0 will solve this? Unfortunately we're not yet entitled to the Intel Premier Support.

By the way, is there a good documentation on migrating/exporting source codes from Compaq VF on windows to IFC on Linux? I've got a pretty useful article by Steve Lionel, but that's about it. I'm rather new in Fortran, and only recently have been tinkering with IFC.

Thanks!

Razi Abdul

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi all,

OK, it works now with 8.0...

My second query remains open, though :)

Razi Abdul
Hamburg, Germany

Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

I'm not aware of an article specifically addressing porting CVF to Intel Fortran on Linux. The release notes (and an article I am writing regarding porting CVF to Intel Fortran on Windows) do cover source differences, but I would not expect a lot of problems unless you make use of WIndows-only features.

If you have specific issues, feel free to ask about them here.

Steve

Login to leave a comment.