weird running time error

weird running time error

I have compiled my fortran program with ifort 8.0 . But the following error message jumps out when i run it:
forrtl: info: Fortran error message number is 174.
forrtl: warning: Could not open message catalog: ifcore_msg.cat.
forrtl: info: Check environment variable NLSPATH and protection of /usr/lib/ifcore_msg.cat.

I have figured out this error occured at the line:
eet=(0.5d0-dble(rand()))*w
If I comment out this line, my program runs like a charm.
I also write a small program only with the above line. It also works.

Can anyone explain this problem.
By the way, I have used -Vaxlib switch.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I suppose this means the run-time is trying to put out atexterror message. Did you check whether /usr/lib/ifcore_msg.cat is a symbolic link to the file of the same name in your ifort installation, and whether you have read permission on both? If you have moved your binary to a system where no ifort components are installed, you may want to copy this file over, to enable error messages.

thank you tcprince.
I just linked the file, ln -sf /opt/intel_fc_80/lib/ifcore_msg.cat /usr/lib/ifcore_msg.cat
But i got this:
./a.out
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image PC Routine Line Source
a.out 08054650 Unknown Unknown Unknown

Stack trace terminated abnormally.

Hi all,
i have exactly the same problem described by xiongye. I have also made the same link and when i am trying to run my program i get the same error message :
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image PC Routine Line Source
dvs75 006088B7 Unknown Unknown Unknown
dvs75 0826D970 Unknown Unknown Unknown
dvs75 5453454E Unknown Unknown Unknown
Stack trace terminated abnormally.

I have unlimited stack size and i have checked the code in an alpha worlstation and in my pc compiled with the compaq compiler and the code runs perfect.In the system with the ifc compiler i used-openmp option. Do you believe that this produces theerror?Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Andreas

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today