Multiple definition error

Multiple definition error

lfinley's picture

I am building a cluster with that requires Aztec, a linear algebra solver library. I get the library to build fine, but when I compile and link the executable and library the following errors are observed. Does any one have ANY ideas, I am not sure where to go from here.

Thanks
Lee F.

/usr/local/aztec-mpi/lib/libaztec.a(blas1.o)(.text+0x0): In function `dswap_':
blas1.f: multiple definition of `dswap_'
blaspatch.o(.text+0x2b54):blaspatch.f: first defined here
ld: Warning: size of symbol `dswap_' changed from 12 in blaspatch.o to 350 in /usr/local/aztec-mpi/lib/libaztec.a(blas1.o)
/usr/local/aztec-mpi/lib/libaztec.a(blas1.o)(.text+0x15e): In function `dscal_':
blas1.f: multiple definition of `dscal_'
blaspatch.o(.text+0x2ca8):blaspatch.f: first defined here
ld: Warning: size of symbol `dscal_' changed from 12 in blaspatch.o to 256 in /usr/local/aztec-mpi/lib/libaztec.a(blas1.o)
/usr/local/aztec-mpi/lib/libaztec.a(blas1.o)(.text+0x792): In function `idamax_':
blas1.f: multiple definition of `idamax_'
blaspatch.o(.text+0x2a8a):blaspatch.f: first defined here
ld: Warning: size of symbol `idamax_' changed from 12 in blaspatch.o to 228 in /usr/local/aztec-mpi/lib/libaztec.a(blas1.o)
/usr/local/aztec-mpi/lib/libaztec.a(blas3.o)(.text+0x0): In function `dgemm_':
blas3.f: multiple definition of `dgemm_'
blaspatch.o(.text+0x1db4):blaspatch.f: first defined here
ld: Warning: size of symbol `dgemm_' changed from 12 in blaspatch.o to 2334 in /usr/local/aztec-mpi/lib/libaztec.a(blas3.o)
/usr/local/aztec-mpi/lib/libaztec.a(blas3.o)(.text+0x2600): In function `dtrsm_':
blas3.f: multiple definition of `dtrsm_'
blaspatch.o(.text+0xe82):blaspatch.f: first defined here
ld: Warning: size of symbol `dtrsm_' changed from 12 in blaspatch.o to 3728 in /usr/local/aztec-mpi/lib/libaztec.a(blas3.o)

1 post / 0 new
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.