**Internal Compiler Error** for ifort 9.0

**Internal Compiler Error** for ifort 9.0

Hi all,

I get the following error when I compile my application (multi-file) using ifort 9.0

fortcom: Severe: ThermoRad.f90, line 1: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

This happens only when i turn on -check all or -check bounds option. ( basically -check )

E.g.

If my compile switches are = -traceback -fpe0 -fpstkchk -g -inline_debug_info

There are no problems

But If I compile with switches

If my compile switches are = -traceback -fpe0 -fpstkchk -g -inline_debug_info -check all

Then I get the mssage shown above.

With ifort 8.1 this problem goes away, but I get a message (check pointer feautre not implemented etc.)

I am not sure how to go about solving this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

"Internal compiler error" is always a compiler bug. Please submit an example to Intel Premier Support.

Steve

Hi,

I am not sure how to "reproduce" this error using and example.

Can you suggest a way to do this.

Or maybe some tmp files generated by the compiler could help. CAn you please comment.

regards
ranjan

You would need to send the source file that is being compiled and any include or module source files that it uses, and the exact command line you use to compile that file. There are no output files that would help.

Steve

Hi Steve,

The source is pretty big and I am not sure if I would be allowed to "share" it.

I have written most of if, but some part is controlled by a licenses and stuff.

I will try to write a small piece of code and see if I can reproduce the error, though this is going to be difficult.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks
ranjan

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the error at compile level it self.

Version check

[rsm209@lionxm 2ddp]$ ifort -v

Version 9.0

[rsm209@lionxm 2ddp]$ ifort -c ExceptionHandler.f90 model_constants.f90 ThermoRad.f90

no errors here.

Now with the -check flag

[rsm209@lionxm 2ddp]$ ifort -c ExceptionHandler.f90 model_constants.f90 ThermoRad.f90 -check

fortcom: Severe: ThermoRad.f90, line 1: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

MODULE Thermodynamics

I have attached the 3 files that are needed to compile in src.zip

I can't reproduce the problem with a current compiler. What "package ID" is displayed when you compile? It will be of the form l_fc_x_9.0.xxx.

Steve

Hi Steve,
I have the following package

Build 20051201Z Package ID: l_fc_c_9.0.031

If this is not the latest release then I suppose, I just need to tell the admins to upgrade the compiler

9.0.033 is the latest.

Steve

Hi Ranjan,

I just tried the 9.0.031 compiler on EM64T and I do see the internal error you're describing. I also tried the newer 9.0.033 compiler and verified that is indeed fixed in the newer version.

-- MicahE

Login to leave a comment.