GLCC binary land cover data manipulation

GLCC binary land cover data manipulation

Greetings to all users,
I'm a new user of Intel Fortran for Linux, so i'd initially like you to forgive me if i miss fundamental background on Intel Fortran.
I have recently downloaded a eurasia land cover characterization data file from the USGS site (link is http://edcsns17.cr.usgs.gov/glcc/euras_int.html). Going through the corresponding documentation i have found that this data originally comes as a flat, headerless, binary raster data. My aim is to read this data programmatically within an Intel Fortran code. I know that reading binary data isnt such a big problem but the hard point is that i would like to read the afore mentioned binary data and get the its spatial reference. To be more specific, i would like to get the lat/long coordinates of each binary value (land cover class code) while reading the original data. I have already sent an email to USGS client service in order to provide me with some information of how this task could be carried out but until now i have got no reply.
I would be really gratefull if anyone of you could come up with any idea or set of guidelines in order to start preparing the code. Thank you in advance for your prompt replies.

Giannaros M. Theodore

1 post / 0 new
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.