Xcode environment questions with Intel Fortran on Macbook

Xcode environment questions with Intel Fortran on Macbook

I have a new MACBOOK PRO and I am running Xcode 3.0withan evaluation copy of Intel Fortran. I have followed the installations carefully but I am still having trouble producing working executables in either Xcode or Terminal.

I am using the following test program:

C test1.for
C test
C
C Created by Mark Davidson on 22/06/2008.
C Copyright 2008 __MyCompanyName__. All rights reserved.
C

PROGRAM test1
PRINT*, 'Helo World:'
END PROGRAM test1

In Xcode environment everything seems to work ok but I get the following warning (build results) on building the application:

Building target test of project test with configuration Release - (1 warning)
Checking Dependencies
warning: no rule to process file '$(PROJECT_DIR)/test1.for' of type sourcecode.fortran for architecture ppc
warning: no rule to process file '$(PROJECT_DIR)/test1.for' of type sourcecode.fortran for architecture ppc
Build succeeded (1 warning)

I have defined a rule instructing: Process Fortran source files using intel Fortran Compiler 10.1 (Preview).

In terminal there are no warnings at all and a filename.out file is produced where 'filename' is the filename that I specify as per the compile and link instructions. However, when running file nothing is returned to the terminal by way of output? I have also tried to write to a file, but no file is created?

I hope that you can help with this as I am reluctant to buy the software unless the evaluation copy is working to my satisfaction.

Many thanks in advance.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

This is a duplicate post. Please see this previous post for a reply.

Login to leave a comment.