when will the ifc for mac support Xcode 4.2?

when will the ifc for mac support Xcode 4.2?

The update 8 seemshave not supported xcode 4.2 yet

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

We did not receive XCode 4.2 in time to test for Update 8. I'd expect it to be supported in Update 9. New XCode versions almost always break compatibility.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Sorry, I made an error above. We claim that Update 8 supports Xcode 4.2. Are you seeing a problem?

In the Xcode 4.2, I selcet New Project->Command Line Tool->Next, in the drop-dowm menu of the page "choose options for your new object", I cant find the option of "Fortran"In any other templates of"Application", "Framewok&Library", "Application Plug-in", "System Plug-in", "Other", I can't find any forms of Fortran.But the Fortran templates seems to have been installed for Xcode - directory /Developer/Library/Xcode/Templates/File Templates/Fortran has been created

I select New Project->other->emptyIn the empty project, I insert a new file. In the options, I can see Fortran.But after insert a Fortran file, the menu of "run" in the top-left of the page is not available

Ok - one of our Mac experts will try to help you, but there will likely be a delay due to the holidays.

it's already beenmonday

Many of the people who would answer your question are in the US, and most of them are on holiday until 2012.

When you create a new project, Fortran will not be among the options you can select. Xcode does not support adding non-Apple supplied project templates.

Have you read the directions in the documentation for creating a new Fortran project? In the Fortran Compiler Reference and User Guide, look in the Getting Started -> Using Xcode -> Creating an Xcode Project section for step-by-step instructions for creating a new Fortran project. The windows shown are not from Xcode 4.2 but the workflow is very similar.

I can find the the Fortran ReferenceRelease_NotesF_M_EN_U8.pdf, but I can't the method to creat a new Fortran project in this documentation

In the directory typically named something like /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1/Documentation/en_US/ (that may be where you found the release notes), there should be a file named documentation_f.htm. Openning that with Safari should give you all the Fortran documentation.

You can find it on-line at http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/hpc/composerxe/en-us/2011Update/fortran/mac/index.html as well.

I can build Fortran projects in Xcode. Thank you very much.2 more questions:1: Which is the first edition support XCode 4.2? Update 6 or 7 or 8?2:I have added DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to the environment variable and have set the value to the full path to the Intel compiler's/libdirectory, but can't biuld with openMP

Xcode 4.2 was first supported in Update 8. You can read all the release notes via the link at the top of this forum.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today