problem in composer xe 2011

problem in composer xe 2011

Dear intel composer xe users and developers, I have downloaded the intel fortran composer xe 2011 from the trial using site. It was succesfully installed in my ubuntu 11.10 64 bit. I have followed the instructions given in the user guide provided by intel. I have also added in my bashrc the following line

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/intel/bin/

But when I tried to install my software named WIEN2k 11 I got a message like

I do not find mkl_arch_variable

What might be the cause of this problem.
Please help

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

It is probably an environmental variable that the Wien2K software installation uses. Please consult the installation instructions that come with that software -- it is available only with a license, and the makefiles are not available for public viewing.

The installation procedure is available free in the WIEN2k website. The MKL_ARCH_VARIABLE missing message comes at the starting of the installation when WIEN2k start searching the necessary components. It checks the ifort and mkl before installation. So the problem may be int the mkl.

Hello,

please use the source scripts instead of manually updating $PATH, e.g.:

$ source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

or

$ source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh ia32

I'm not sure what the installer of WIEN2k tests but it looks like it's asking for $MKL_TARGET_ARCH, which is set by the above commands.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

I have used the source scripts before installing WIEN2k.

the actual message is

"You seem to have installed the ifort compiler at opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.9.293/bin/intel64/ifortPlease remember VERSION and PAT for later referenceYpur MKLROOT variable is: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.9.293/mklI do not find the MKL_TARGET_ARCH variable (needed only for ifort v12)"

Please help.

Hello,

some of the MKL variables are not exported. $MKLROOT is, but $MKL_TARGET_ARCH is not. Hence if any sub-shell is opened (here, probably from the installer) those variables are not getting passed along.

I've filed a defect ticket (DPD200284102) to improve that.

For the time being I can offer you the following workaround:

$ source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
$ export MKL_TARGET_ARCH MKL_LP64_ILP64 MKL_VERBOSE MKL_MOD

(this example is for bourne shell; use setenv for C shell)

You can also add the last line in the end of the compilervars.sh script.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll let you know once this workaround is not needed anymore.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

Hy

i am using Scientific Linux 6.1 (Carbon) and having 32bit processor some thing like that
Linux 2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.i686 i686
i have added three lines in .bashrc

source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.10.319/bin/compilervars.sh ia32
source /opt/intel/bin/ifortvars.sh ia32
source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.10.319/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh ia32

and last line with some changes b/c i ahve 32bit processor

export MKL_TARGET_ARCH MKL_LP32_ILP32 MKL_VERBOSE MKL_MOD

am i do it right
when i ./siteconfig in WIEN2k, it shows following mesg

You seem to have installed the ifort compiler at /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.10.319/bin/ia32/ifort
Please remember VERSION and PATH for later reference
Your MKLROOT variable is: /opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.10.319/mkl
Your MKL_TARGET_ARCH varable is: ia32

Press RETURN to continue

but when i compile it, it shows this error, and many more like that, and then at last it shows that exectuables are not formed, please check SRC file

-lmkl_lapack95_lp64
make[1]: *** [lapwdm] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xxxxxx/WIENROOT/SRC_lapwdm'
make: *** [real] Error 2
if [ -f .real ]; then \
make clean

Your environment variables are OK (for 32-bit compilation). The mklvars would already have been taken care of by compilervars.
For 32-bit MKL, there is no _lp64 suffix on the libraries. Consult the link advisor tool script which is provided in your MKL installation and on the MKL forum. Perhaps your Wien2K is set up to work out of the box only for 64-bit compilation.

Hello,

the workaround described above will only work prior version 10.3.11. After discussing this topic with engineering it turned out that those variables should have never been visible after exiting the "mklvars" scripts. We did not document any of those variables and are going to remove them with 10.3.11.

I've created a Knowledge Base article for more information:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/change-in-intelr-math-kernel-library-mklvars-scripts-for-10311-and-later/

For Intel Math Kernel Library 10.3.11 and higher you need to talk with the vendor of WIEN2k.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today