[ICE] IPO causes internal compiler error during linking

[ICE] IPO causes internal compiler error during linking

Hi,I've a self written Fortran 2008 code[1] and recently I've started to experience ICE with -fast option, during linking phase:

mpif90 -L/opt/intel/hdf5/lib -L/opt/intel/fgsl/lib -o piernik *.o -lhdf5_fortran -lhdf5hl_fortran -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lz ipo: remark #11000: performing multi-file optimizations ipo-1: remark #11006: generating object file /tmp/ipo_ifortOphlz41.o ipo-2: remark #11006: generating object file /tmp/ipo_ifortOphlz42.o ipo-4: remark #11006: generating object file /tmp/ipo_ifortOphlz44.oipo-3: remark #11006: generating object file /tmp/ipo_ifortOphlz43.o 20000_0 fortcom: Severe: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error. ipo-4: error #11005: multi-object compilation 4 returned error status 3 ifort: error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 3)
Unfortunately, I cannot reduce it to simple testcase. My question before I provide further details: what would be the most convenient way to tackle this? The code depends on external libs (MPI, >=HDF5-1.8.9). I can provide any assistance needed to create bootstrap environment should you try to reproduce it and/or access to machine where all is set.Best regards,Kacper Kowalik[1] http://piernik.astri.umk.pl/ 

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

What does "ifort -V" say?  Do you get the same thing with just -ipo ? We'll take the full test case if you can't reduce it.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Fails the same way with just F90FLAGS=-r8 -ipo. 

xarth@sandbox ~/codes/trunk/obj $ ifort -V
Intel® Fortran Intel® 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel® 64, Version 12.1.5.339 Build 20120612
Copyright (C) 1985-2012 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Perhaps I could also test with current prerelease version if that's possible? Just to make sure we are not chasing bug that's already been fixed...

You won't have to wait too long (few weeks) to get the next version. Just do without -ipo for now.  If it still fails with 13.0, let us know.

Quote:

sblionel wrote:

You won't have to wait too long (few weeks) to get the next version. Just do without -ipo for now.  If it still fails with 13.0, let us know.

Works as a charm with 13.0 Thanks!

Glad to hear it.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today