libIEPCF90.lib:error LNK2005: _qw32used already defined in dfconsol.lib

libIEPCF90.lib:error LNK2005: _qw32used already defined in dfconsol.lib

I have a multi language environment Visua C++ 6.0, Object Ada 7.2 and Intel Fortran Compiler 7.1.
I have Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 environment

All the code compiling and linking fine before. The problem started when I installed Intel Fortran Compiler 7.1, I used to have Visual Fortran 6.0.
I was getting LINK: fatal error LINK1104: can not open file libIEPCF90.lib, but thanks for your help, I put the library path in tools, option, directory tab and I do not have that error.

Now I am getting the following error: libIEPCF90.lib:error LNK2005: _qw32used already defined in dfconsol.lib.
What is the solution for this problem?

Also I am getting a bunch of LNK2001 errors

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

My guess is that you have not recompiled all your code with Intel Fortran - you are linking in some objects or libraries that were built with CVF.

Steve

Steve

Thanks,
I am recompiling all agin and will see.

I recompiled it all and still I have the same problem.
Any other suggestion?

Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

You still have some things not recompiled. Perhaps you have a .lib or .obj that was obtained separately.

Easy way to find out - do a file search of your .obj and .lib files for "dfconsol".

Steve

Steve

Ok,
Everything compiled and linked. The problem was compiler looking visual fortran library, instead of Intel library for example I removed the vfc math library and inserted the intel one.
But rebuilding all takes still 3.5 hours Vs 30 min in the previous environment. When I watch compiling the c++ and ada code goes fast as before and when it compiles fortran it is just sitting on one file forever, I also watched CPU and memory performance it is very low. I have no clue why it is taking so long to compile. On one file it is taking may be 5 to 6 minute a file.
Before all these the code working fine with previous environment, the only change is VFC to Intel compiler and in to a new power ful PC. We thought with Intel fortran running the program might save as some time, but we did not get that far, the compilation is the problem now
Is it possible that Intel fortran compiler reinitialize every time when it compile a new file with in the project. If that so, what is the solution any body knows?

Login to leave a comment.