MKL library problem

MKL library problem

Hi,

I am trying to make a program created in Compaq Visual Fortran, work with Intel Fortran Compiler
(with use of Microsoft Visual Studio.NET).

My main problem is that the original code has many references to IMSL. I am trying to find routines
in Intel Math Kernel Library, similar to those in IMSL.

I tried to create a subroutine which computes the Singular Value Decomposition for a general
complex matrix with use of the routines ?gebrd and ?ungbr from MKL. The program is compiled fine,
?gebrd terminates succesfully, but inside ?ungbr the program crashes. The error message in Visual studio.NET Output window
is:

First-chance exception at 0x004040bb in svd_gener.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000001.
First-chance exception at 0x0044c197 in svd_gener.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000b.
First-chance exception at 0x0044c197 in svd_gener.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.
and so on.

The error message in the command prompt window is:
** ADDRESS ERROR **
I was wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem.

One more thing. In the Visual Studio.NET when I use the debuger to see the value of a variable at a specific
point during the execution of the program even if I have defined an array lets say 20x20 I am able to
watch element 30,21 or in other words elements beyond the dimension of the array. Does anyone know why does this happen?

Thank you

Vassilis

1 post / 0 new
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.