DLL question -- CRTDLL.C?

DLL question -- CRTDLL.C?

I am working with DLLs that are loaded both with early binding (using !DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT and !DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLIMPORT) and with late binding (using LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress).

The sample in DF98SAMPLESDLLLOADEXP1 works fine. I have a problem with the following more complicated case:

The Windows main program calls into a subroutine in a DLL that is loaded with early binding. This subroutine then calls into a second subroutine in a second DLL that it loads dynamically. The code for this follows the example in LOADEXP1.

It works OK, with the following exception. When I single step through the code in Debug mode and I get to the RETURN statement in the second function, a dialog pops up that says ?Please enter the path for CRTDLL.C.? I can?t find this file on my computer. If I cancel out of the dialog, execution continues, apparently normally.

What does this mean? Where did the reference to CRTDLL.C come from?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The debugger has returned to the Visual C run-time library and it's trying to locate the source for the C RTL module it's in so it can display it for you. Clicking Cancel is the right thing to do here.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Which compiler tries to open CRTDLL.C during debug, IFC or CVF? Does CVF integrate into VS7?

Thanks,
Gerry T.

DLLs built by both compilers will likely appear to start in CRTDLL.C. CVF does not integrate with VS7.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

> DLLs built by both compilers will likely appear to
> start in CRTDLL.C. CVF does not integrate with VS7.

But CRTDLL.C is VC7's RTL. It's odd that CVF DLL's would start in CRTDLL.C. What if you didn't have VS7?

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today