v8.1 update installation

59 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Yes, choose option 2. It is saying that it can't install the Itanium support because you don't have the MS Platform SDK. You probably don't care about that.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Steve,
A brief note of thanks. w_fc_pc_8.1.021.exe appears to have resolved all the difficulties I had with regard to paths and debuggers. Everything cruising smoothly once again.
Nigel

I'm glad to hear it.

James,

Please give me the six-digit case number from Premier Support and I will look to see what the situation is.

#1 is not an error - that is intentional, though I can understand the confusion. 8.1 replaced 8.0 and used the same folder names.

Do you have administrator privileges on the system? They are required.

The file you downloaded is the latest kit for the Professional Edition, but a newer compiler component is available. I will look at your reported issue tomorrow and offer further advice.

James,

Please verify the support request number - 268542 doesn't seem to be from you.

James,

Your supervisor told our support engineer that the issue was resolved. I can compile and link the supplied source with the current version, 8.1.023.

There is not a Professional version kit numbered 023. Since you already have 021 installed, uninstall the compiler only (not IMSL). Download w_fc_pu_8.1.023.exe from Premier Support and install that.

If your supervisor needs help accessing his Premier Support account, he can send mail to developer.support@intel.com This is only for issues relating to problems logging in - please don't send compiler questions there. He can reopen the case or start a new one as needed.

Pages

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today