.mod gripe

.mod gripe

jimdempseyatthecove's picture

I am experiencing intermittant and confusing problems with the use of .mod files. OutlineSolution AAAProject BBB (Console Application)Source CCCSource modCCCProject DDD (Static Library)Source modDDDThe problem iswhen using $(INTDIR) as the property sheet for DDD |Fortran | Output Files.If I append ";..DDD$(ConfigurationName)" to the property sheet of BBB |Fortran | Output Files. (and have BBB dependent on DDD)Sometimes there is intermittant success.Usually I get a module not found, sometimes for modCCC and at other times for modDDD depending on attempts to rectify the problem.Occasionaly I will see folders of the name ";" created and well as ";Debug" created.Now, if I specify "..DDD$(ConfigurationName)"for DDD | Fortran | Output Files compilation succeeds. But now this means that I cannot use a previously generated .mod file in multiple solutions.Who's idea was it to place the input file search paths in an output file path property?Jim

www.quickthreadprogramming.com
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

I'm confused by what you wrote, but perhaps you aren't aware that you can (and should) be modifying the INCLUDE path list instead?

Steve
jimdempseyatthecove's picture

This does work. However, when reading the property sheet for the application: Sheet Fortran | Output Files | Module Path

The description reads: Specifies where module files are placed when created and searched for (USE statement).

The problem is I wish to have a project in a solution that maintains the .mod files.When I create the project I cannot specify a type that compiles to .mod only. Currently I am specifying the collection of .mod files as a static library. But in doing so, the linker is warning about duplicate object files. I do not seem to have a choice of specifying a project (within a solution) that maintains only the .mod files.

Jim

www.quickthreadprogramming.com
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

Actually, that help text is wrong. I thought I had alreasy asked that it be fixed - I'll look into that.

Steve

Login to leave a comment.