error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Registering output..."

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Registering output..."

Hi,

This error appears in an existing Com server project that until recently worked just fine. It was originally developed in Compaq Fortran but I have recreated it the latest release of the intel software. Any ideas?

Jonathan

Compiling manifest to resources...

Linking...

Embedding manifest...

Registering output...

Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Registering output..."

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Does the build log provide more detail?

Steve - Intel Developer Support

The build log shows the following:

Linking...
Creating temporary file "RSP1.rsp" with contents
[
/OUT:"DebugExample.dll" /NOLOGO /DEF:"Example.def" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"C:UsersJonathan MillsDesktopExampleExampleExampledebugexample.dll.intermediate.manifest" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:UsersJonathan MillsDesktopExampleExampleExampledebugexample.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /DLL "DebugNRTYPE.obj" "DebugIExample.obj" "DebugUExampleTY.obj" "DebugNR.obj" "Debugclsfactty.obj" "DebugRumen.obj" "DebugUSiliconCowTY.obj" "DebugExampleGlobal.obj" "DebugLargeIntestine.obj" "DebugExampleTY.obj" "DebugMetabolism.obj" "DebugSiliconCowGlobal.obj" "DebugSiliconCowTY.obj" "Debugodeint.obj" "Debugserverhelper.obj" "DebugNRUTIL.obj" "DebugISiliconCow.obj" "Debugclsfact.obj" "Debugodeint2.obj" "Debug
kqs.obj" "Debugsimpr.obj" "Debugsstep.obj" "DebugUISiliconCow.obj" "Debugpzextr.obj" "Debugstifbs.obj" "DebugMethods.obj" "DebugDialogRoutines.obj" "Debugdllmain.obj" "Debug
k4.obj" "Debug
umen2.obj" "Debugstiff.obj" "Debugmmid.obj" "Debug
kck.obj" "Debug
zextr.obj" "Debug/Example.res" "C:UsersJonathan MillsDesktopExampleExampleExampledebugexample.dll.embed.manifest.res"
]
Creating command line "Link @"C:UsersJonathan MillsDesktopExampleExampleExampleDebugRSP1.rsp""

Link: executing 'link'
Creating library DebugExample.lib and object DebugExample.exp

Embedding manifest...
mt.exe /nologo /out:"C:UsersJonathan MillsDesktopExampleExampleExampledebugexample.dll.embed.manifest" /notify_update /manifest "C:UsersJonathan MillsDesktopExampleExampleExampledebugexample.dll.intermediate.manifest"
Registering output...
cd C:UsersJonathan MillsDesktopExampleExampleExampledebug
regsvr32.exe /s "example.dll"

Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Registering output..."

It might be helpful to note how I am currently trying to recreate the Com server in IVF. I have created a new project using the 'in process DLL' template in IVF version 10.0026. Then I have overwritten the .hie file with my .hie file from CVF (so that I recreate all of my methods etc). I add the .f90 source files and the .rc file from the CVF project too. I then ask it to build the project and it comes up against the error as described. Should I be doing something different?

regards,

Jonathan

I don't know that the .hie file from CVF is usable in the Intel implementation. I see that the error occurred on the regsvr32 command, so what happens when you open a command prompt window and issue the regsvr32 command (without /s) on the generated DLL?

I get an error saying DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80029c4a....

A Google search finds various suggestions, all tend to be related to some problem with the DLL. Let me suggest that you create a new copy of the project and recreate the methods using the new interface. Also, make sure that the PATH environment variable includes the folder containing the Fortran BIN (or LIB) folder.

Hi,

I had the same problem when I started working with Intel Fortran within vs2005. I noticed it only happened when I was developing using Vista. It seems Vista's new security stuff affects the COM DLL registration process. There is probably a much more sophisticated workaround, but I found it easier to just run VS2005 using Vista's "run as administrator" option and it all started working.

Regards,

Darren

The particilar problem in this thread was due to an edit made to the .idl file that was needed before IVF supported COM Servers but actually hurts now.

As for Vista, you are required to run VS as an administrator - Microsoft says so and so do we in the compiler release notes.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today