UMC file writer to append frames to an existing mp4 file

UMC file writer to append frames to an existing mp4 file

I have a existing mp4 file to which I wish to append a few more frames.What is the file writer parameters method to create a file writer to append data.For instance, if I create file writer like this:

m_fileWriterParams.m_portion_size = 0;
vm_string_strcpy(m_fileWriterParams.m_file_name, (wchar_t *)m_inFileName.c_str());
status = m_fileWriter.Init(&m_fileWriterParams);

It erases all the data in the current mp4 file. How do I initialize it in "Append" mode?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I searched UMC docs and could not find any simple way. Is this really complicated?

Did you try calling the PutData function?

Thank you for the response!!No,  did not call PutData.As soon as the call to FileWriter.Init() happens, the data is cleared (it is a valid mp4 file). I think the file is opened in "Write" mode and not "Append" mode. So makes sense.How do I open it in Append mode.

Quote:

Aditya Kadambi wrote:

I have a existing mp4 file to which I wish to append a few more frames. What is the file writer parameters method to create a file writer to append data. For instance, if I create file writer like this:

m_fileWriterParams.m_portion_size = 0;
vm_string_strcpy(m_fileWriterParams.m_file_name, (wchar_t *)m_inFileName.c_str());
status = m_fileWriter.Init(&m_fileWriterParams);

It erases all the data in the current mp4 file. How do I initialize it in "Append" mode?

Login to leave a comment.