Can I get GPU load via an API call in my application?

Hi,

I'm looking for get the GPU load (MFX and EU loads) inside my C++ application.
So is here any way to use the "DirectTraceSample" or anay other DLL to have access to such measure.

Best regards.
Abdellatif

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello,

At this time there is no way for you to get the metrics values via an API call from within your application.

Can you help me understand what you are trying to do and why you need this? There may be a way for Intel GPA to provide the info you need.

Regards,

Neal

Hi,

I'm runing several applications that use the Intel MFX "encoder" and I want to monitor remotely the GPU usage (by sending values via ethernet) to check the hardware "GPU" limitation.

Best regards.

Hello,With Intel GPA you can monitor GPU usage in a client/server mode -- take a look at the System Analyzer tool (see this link), and also take a look at the tool's support for media.Does this give you the capabilities that you need?Regards,Neal

Hello,

In my company we use our own secure connection between the client and the server, so what I need is a C++ like method to get the GPU usage/MFX.

Regards,
Abdellatif

Hello,

Now I understand why an API is necessary -- the secure connection between client and server.

Unfortunately, since there's no way to get this data from within your app/game, the only option I can think of is to write out data via a user-defined trigger (such as every seconds, or every frames, or another trigger you define), then read that file from your client process. Also, take a look at the "capture.exe" and "playback.exe" utilities in the Intel GPA install area as well (they are command-line tools).

Whether this method works depends upon your specific use model, but at this time there is no API read access from within the Intel GPA product.

Regards,

Neal

ps-> You're not the only person to request this feature, and I've submitted this as a feature request to see if we can add this capability in a future release.

Hello,

My inderstanding of "capture.exe" and "playback.exe" is that they are useful to play and capture frames and can not be used to get the GPU load if for example I'm runnig an application such "sample_encode.exe" from
the "Intel Media SDK" samples.

Regards,

Abdellatif

Hello,I'll retry some of my sample apps to be sure that these utilities work as expected.Regards,Neal

Hi,

Any news regarding my question.

Regards,
Abdellatif

Hello,

Nothing new... we don't currently support what you are trying to do. I've submitted this as an enhancement request to the development team.

Regards,

Neal

请问现在支持gpu load调用了么?

Hello,

Thanks for suggesting this again, but unfortunately Intel GPA does not have an API for this information.

Regards,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today