How To Get Media Coverage For Your Startup: A Complete Guide

How To Get Media Coverage For Your Startup: A Complete Guide

Lauren  Dankiewicz's picture

I just came across a very informative and interesting post from LeoWidrich, co-founder of Buffer, on OnStartups.com.He lists 7 tips to getting your company noticed online based on his experiences co-founding Buffer.

In his words:

"Mashable featured us 6 times, TechCrunch twice, over 10 articles in The Next Web, plenty of write-ups from ReadWriteWeb, GigaOm, LifeHacker, VentureBeat, Inc. Magazine and others. In total, there were over 40 stories by these notable sites written about us, each one based on the tips in this guide....I wanted to share my experience with you on what we have achieved with Buffer and spill all the knowledge I have for getting covered. Literally everything, down to the tiniest detail."

Here is the link: How To Get Media Coverage For Your Startup: A Complete Guide

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
southsidesmoka's picture

A decent guide...

Vlad Hristov's picture

Thank you for sharing this! Although I am Buffer user, I didn't find this guide so far. Buffered now ;-)

Lauren Dankiewicz (Intel)'s picture

Cool! I haven't actually tried Buffer, but I thought it was an extremely insightful post. Glad you agree :)

Nilotpal Datta's picture

Nice One ...Thanks for sharing

nilotpal.datta
Anna Lind's picture

What a great article! Thanks a lot for sharing it. Gives some good ideas to implement.

deanserious's picture

I've never used Buffer myself. But I think the article is very well written and gives out reasoable advice. Especially providing interesting content on a blog, keeping it updated on a regular basis is a great way to win longterm supporters and, eventually, be featured in some "big" blog.

mixd.tv's picture

Really helpfull guide. My take-away on the 7 tips: 1) Write your own company blog 2) Address the journalists when sugesting stories 3) Address low profile /new writers, not the busy famous once 4) Mail at 10am on a Friday followed by a tweet to the person 5) Comment on the post, thank the retweeters 6) Topics: competition, interesting statistics, one new feature, business milestone 7) Keep pitching stuff every 3-4 weeks

Login to leave a comment.