Is there a concept of Finalists in Levelup2011 ?

Is there a concept of Finalists in Levelup2011 ?

In previous years, there used to be a concept of "Finalists" - e.g. 10 (or was it 20?)best games within a genre (or a whole compo ?).

I`m justguessing that only thosewere actually submitted to judges - but don`t really know.

1. So, do the judges actually review every single one that has been submitted ?
2. Will there be some semi-finalists/finalists ?
3. Perhaps they`ll have a chance to upload a newer/better demo (if they have one) ?

Thanks !
-VladR

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Vlad,

Great question:

1. So, do the judges actually review every single one that has been submitted ?

No, every judge will not see every demo.

2. Will there be some semi-finalists/finalists ?

We have an internal team of application engineers who work with games ISV's who will be screening through the submitted demos and making a recommendation of what will be the "finalists" that the judges will see.

3. Perhaps they`ll have a chance to upload a newer/better demo (if they have one) ?

You will be judged all the way through the contest on the demo that was submitted by the contest deadline. For sure if you win the contest there will be some opportunity for improvement between demo and making the full game.

~Mitch

Thanks a lot for the prompt answer !

Now it finally makes sense to me !

I was always wondering how do you actually get those well-known industry veterans / superstarsto spend time on hundreds of demos/games. It`s simple - they don`t, since it`s prescreened (sort of an equivalent to an internalQA) to a manageable sample of games.

Frankly, that should be an honour / prizein itself, knowing that John Romero or Chris Taylor played your game !
I mean - how many people on earth can claim that !

I sure hope that Chris Taylor (as a long-time developer of action RPGs) gets to play my 3rd person action RPG :-)

Login to leave a comment.