UUID Library Issues

UUID Library Issues

aajizattari's picture

Hi, I just tried to compile IEC SDK today. I successfully used the pl_open function from Shell (Ubuntu) However, when I tried to compile the code, tried both on WIndows and Linux, I get compile error regarding the type uuid_t. I have completely failed to resolve the issue of uuid library. Can you point to where this library is available and how can I install this library ?? ---

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
jamel-tayeb (Intel)'s picture

Hi aajizattari,

I usualy get the header from e2fsprogs (you will need the development package).
Please tell me if this works for you.

Merci,
-Jamel

aajizattari's picture

Thanks Jamel. I actually got OSSP UUID headers and it worked. However, I have a new problem with PL_GUI_Monitor. It recognizes the ini file and dispays the names of counters on Shell. but then, I get the error message"Unable to attach to PL".
I can log the same data using pl_csv_logger but not display it using GUI Monitor. Hope you can point to where I am making a mistake.

Sushu Zhang (Intel)'s picture

Hello Aajizattari,

The error " Unable to attach to PL" happens when the pl_gui_monitor tries to attach the ini file and failed.Itcould be multiple reasons.It could beempty ini file nameor uuid is not found in config file or uuid is in illegal format. Please check the format of the ini file.

The other way to dig into it and understand theactual causeis to go to productivity_link.c in the public sdk src folder and take a look at pl_attach function. The failure to this funciton will have the error message.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Sushu

Hello Aajizattari,

If you still didn't figure it out, please zip the folderincluding the ini you failedunderc:\productivity_link and I'll take a look from there. Before doing it, please check the uuid format in the ini file first. That's the largest possibile failure place. Thank you.

Thanks,
Sushu

aajizattari's picture

Thanks... I can use PL_GUI_Monitor only on ESRV simulated device but there is same issue with the Linux_CPU_Use and info thing. Anyways, while I figure things out... I will like to ask you a more general question. Is there a way to measure power for any of Intel processors on per core basis. People use external power analayzers to measure total power for all cores. But not on per-core basis.

Hello Aajizattari,

The reading of the processor power is enabled for the2nd Generation Intel Core processors.Intel Power Gadget 2.0 is able to read the processor power. You also can access Intel Power Gadget from Intel Energy Checker SDK. Please refer to the link:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2011/12/15/accessing-intel-power-g...

The per-core processor power is not available for Intel processorsutil nowto the best of my knowledge.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Sushu

Login to leave a comment.