character controller performance in multiplayer online game

character controller performance in multiplayer online game

hi,allI get a trouble in my multiplayer online game like "world of warcraft", some times have many character controllers exceed 100, i test it cost about 50ms, it is too expensive, how to optimize it?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello,

Can you give us some more information about your simulation? What type of controller are you using? Are you using the hkpCharacterProxy, or the hkpCharacterRigidBody?

Cheers,
Carlos
Developer Support Engineer, Havok
"The documentation will set you free."

hi,carlos,i using thehkpCharacterProxy.can i put many hkpCharacterProxy about 100 in my scene? the scenecomplexity like "world of warcraft", is havok can perform it with less 10ms?note: the scene is static, no collision between characters.

Hello,

You will probably want to review the documentation on the comparisons between the Character Rigid Body and the Character Proxy. A primary advantage of Character Rigid Body is performance especially in a multi-threaded environment. Look at Chapter 5 of the documentation, section 1.7.

In addition there are several demos concerning performance of Character Controllers you should examine those and compare the performance characteristics to what is going on in your game. Open Physics/Use Case/Character Control/ and take a look at a few of those demos.

Cheers,
Carlos
Developer Support Engineer, Havok
"The documentation will set you free."

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today