Concurrency Checker with a Virtual Machine

Concurrency Checker with a Virtual Machine

haubs821's picture

Does the checker work using a Virtual Machine configured for Multi-Core? My program runs on a VM through a hosting company in a different city. I don't have access to the servers. Can I configure my machine to make the concurrency chekcer work properly?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Kundan Kumar's picture

Yes it is working fine with Virtual machine. I've successfully executed Intel concurrency checker tool on VM having following machine details

OS : - Windows 2K8R2 Enterprise Edition with Service Pack1
System Type : - 64 Bit
# of Core processor : - 4

Yes, it can be executed on laptop/desktop machine.It is requred multiple core processor on machine.

Asmani Roy's picture

Yes, it will work. Just verify the no. of core processor. It should be in multple of 2.

Number of Cores on system used for assessment

Suggested Minimum Value for Computed Scaling

southsidesmoka's picture

As the iCC tool was designed for on-premises app testing, you probably won't get optimum results from your remote VM.

CCK

Maycon Oliveira's picture

Have you try to test in non virtual machine?

Maycon Oliveira's picture

I have some problems with virtual machine like VirtualPC and VMWare, becouse they isn't working with the configuration settings, for example, with 2 processors in VM is really be different than physical machine when we compare the results.

Login to leave a comment.