"contains" command

"contains" command

Hi,I am testing the new intel parallel studio with fortran. My code has the "contains" command in one of its modules. The compiler aborts the compilation "due to internal error." The same code works perfect in Intel Fortran 11.1.038 with visual studio 2008. Any hint what is wrong?Pablo

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Please attach a source file that demonstrates the problem. An internal compiler error is almost always a compiler bug. If you attach the source, I can tell you if the problem has been fixed, what a workaround might be, and if it's not fixed, report it to the developers.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks Steve,This is the code. I am also including another file (main.f90) that gives the same compiler error.Pablo

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download main.f900 bytes
Download mod_functions.f9010.26 KB

The sources of other modules used here are missing: nrtype, mod_calibration, mod_calibration_matrix and mod_priors. Are you building 32-bit or 64-bit code? I see you are using IMSL linear_operators. There is a known issue with this module when compiling for 64-bits. See here for a solution.

We would need the source code for your USE modules. If your .mod files were compiled by an incompatible compiler, that could be a somewhat excusable reason for an internal error. I get a bunch of errors led off by those about the missing .mod files.

Steve,It is the linear_operators in 64-bit code. Is there a fix for the ISML FNL 7.0 version? Can I use the fix you posted for version 6.0? Thanks,Pablo

If you are using IMSL 7, that's not from us. You can try the fix I posted but no guarantees. If you comment out the USE of LINEAR_OPERATORS, does the internal compiler error go away? (You may get other errors.)

I would be surprised if you saw the same issue with IMSL 7 from Rogue Wave.

I tried the fix but didn't work. Please look at this smaller code. It compiles when the linear_operator line is commented. It crashes otherwise. Do you know if I purchase a license for the new Intel Composer I get access to older versions of Fortran? This problem is not present in release 11.1.038.

Pablo

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download main.f900 bytes
Download nrtype.f901.05 KB

I can compile your main.f90 in 12.0 Update 5. Yes, if you buy a license you have access to older versions.

The other source depends on a module you have not provided.

Can you compile main.f90 even with linear_operators ?Pablo

Yes, but I may be using a different version of linear_operators. In the morning I'll try it with the one in the article.

My apologies. It indeed does not work with the module files from the article. Interesting. But it does work using the updated IMSL 6 that we will be releasing soon (I know I am challenging the gods by saying so, but it should be out within two weeks.)

If you are using IMSL 7 from Rogue Wave, please contact them and ask them to rebuild the .mod files using a current compiler.

Thanks Steve, it is very useful. I think I will keep using release 11.1 and wait until Rogue fixes the problem.Pablo

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today