Accessesing PCI Express Enhanced Configuration space registers?

Accessesing PCI Express Enhanced Configuration space registers?

Hi,

How to access PCI Express Enhanced Configuration space registers from software(driver)?

In particular, I want to set the "Disable EOI broadcase to this PCIe link" register. This is Miscellaneous Control
and Status Register(MISCSTRLSTS) (Device =0,Function =0 , Offset =188h) of Intel X58 Express chipset.

Any pointers would be of great help.

Thanks

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,

You've come to a forum that deals with Intel's Expressway software. We don't deal with hardware driver issues like this.

You could try one of Intel's hardware forums.

Pete

- Pete

Quoting amogha.bvHi,

How to access PCI Express Enhanced Configuration space registers from software(driver)?

In particular, I want to set the "Disable EOI broadcase to this PCIe link" register. This is Miscellaneous Control
and Status Register(MISCSTRLSTS) (Device =0,Function =0 , Offset =188h) of Intel X58 Express chipset.

Any pointers would be of great help.
Hi,

You could also try to re-poston "Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring" forum:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/platform-monitoring/

Best regards,
Sergey

You have to know the bus number for this register.The proper value should be: bus number + device number +function number + offset(register).
To access the higher part of PCIE register space i.e above the old PCI 255 registers you have to locate the BAR register.
All accesses should be performed from the driver.
You can try to find and modify those registers with the help of windbg workingin kernel mode(you need the second physicalmachine not the vmware because of chipset 815 being virtualized).
Enter command !pci and modify values by the commands !ecb , !ecd , !ecw.

You can consult also this document "Accessing PCI Express" google for it.

Login to leave a comment.