WiFi SDK/API

WiFi SDK/API

Hi,
I am a software engineer for a security company and I've been tasked with creating a wiFi manager that will work with the intel proset family of WiFi connection managers or at least majority of the new versions. Specifically a group policy will be pushed down by an admin to only allow connection to a specific lists of SSIDs. The software I am working on will enforce this on each client machine and disconnects any SSIDs that the user connects to that is not in the allowed list. Currently I have this working on the windows default WLAN autoconfig/WZC but if the machine has the Intel Proset connection manager running then my software cannot do its enforcement.
Question:
- is there an SDK/Api/command line/registry key to allow our software to work with the Intel Proset connection manager. e.g. allow our software to tell the Intel Proset to disconnect the currect connection ?

thank you
van

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Aubrey W. (Intel)'s picture

Hello Van,

Your design inquiry will require a closer look by an Intel Product representative.

If your company has its own Intel representative, you may want to inquire whether they are able to assist with your inquiry. Your companys Purchasing Department will normally have your Intel representatives contact information. If you do not have this contact information, please visit the following Web site and look under (Design Components): www.intel.com/buy/networking/design.htm

A list of Intel Authorized Distributors can be found on the Web site below: www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/227304.htm

If you have questions or require further assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,

==
Aubrey W.
Intel Software Network Support

Hi,
Thanks Aubrey for the info. Unfortunately we dont have an intel representative. Also I am not sure if thats what I need. I visited the sites you mentioned and all I can see are hardware stuff and nothing talking about software development kit to control the Intel Proset connection manager. Basically the problem is my software disconnects a connected SSID via windows WLAN api but the intel proset software reconnects the ssid and then my software disconnect and intel proset connects etc into an infinite loop. I just need some help in making the intel proset software play nicely with my software. All i need is for a way to help my software tell the intel proset manager to say "its okay to disconnect that ssid and wait for the user to make another connection"

Aubrey W. (Intel)'s picture

You might find more informationat our Mobility community page: http://software.intel.com/en-us/mobility/

You can also try asking in the Mobile Software Development forum:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/mobile-software-development/

There is also the Intel Support Community for wireless at http://communities.intel.com/community/tech/wireless. That is more for general supportof Intel wireless devices.

Best regards,
==
Aubrey W.
Intel Software Network Support

Hello Van,
I am in the same situation as you were. What solution did you find? Is there any SDK/API available for Intel Wireless Pro Utility?

Regards,
Sufian Mehmood

Login to leave a comment.