Is MCA framework allows to send a message in USB HID format?

Is MCA framework allows to send a message in USB HID format?

Question:

Does INTEL MCA framework allows to send a message to USB based HID format?. Incase if I want to send a message in HID like a device to another application, does framework supports?. appreciated.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi tvnaidu,

Could you provide a little more detail on what you have in mind and provide an example?

Thanks,
Steve

Currently MCA tablet had inbuilt bar code scanner, this bar code scanner connected to serial port, in windows environment lot of human interface devices (HID) like USB mouse, USB keyboard, those uses HID protocol to communicate. I am looking for bar code data to send like HID device, I need to send to another application expects barcode data like HID format data, I am looking for any such type framework in MCA environment?

Hi tvnaidu,

The MCA platform driver is written specifically for each platform it is installed on. So for example, the MCA platform driver written for the Panasonic tablet is different than the MCA platform driver written for the Motion tablet. Part of this customization includes the specific hardware that is used in those tablets for barcode and RFID readers. This is what allows software developers to write code once that works on all platforms.

If your intent is to look at using a different hardware platform, or different barcode or RFID scannerseven ona supported platform, you will have trouble using the MCA software as that is not the intended usage model. The MCA platform driver is written to support the specific hardware used for those peripherals in the supported tablets.

Thanks,
Steve

Login to leave a comment.