Upgraded systems on the MTL - now with 40-cores

Upgraded systems on the MTL - now with 40-cores

Mike Pearce (Intel)'s picture

So you thought that your application or lab scaled effectively with 32-cores. Now the MTL has available 40-core systems for your use - why not see ifyour codescales to 40-cores.

Thesenew systems consist of10-core CPUs (Intel Xeon E7-4860)on a 4 socketserver thus giving 40-cores on all the Linux systems.

Note: all batch nodes are currently configured with Hyperthreading off.

If you need access to these new systems, pleasecomplete a requestby filling outthe usualform: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-manycore-testing-lab-requ...

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

That's fantastic news! At the risk of sounding stupid in public, what processor configuration is in this new machine? I didn't even know it was possible to put together a 40-core machine...

The systems consist of the recently announced 10-core (codename) Westmere-EX processors

dinwal's picture

Dear Mike,This is awesome. I can not wait to test my applications on this machine. I have a small question though - Is HT and Turbo Boost off here? I know you recently had it turned off on MTL I only wonder if that applies to these systems as well. Thank you.- Dinesh

I don't quite understand your question....

All batch nodes on the MTL have Turbo Boost and HT turned off. As this system (40-core)is configured as a batch node on the MTL, the same applies.

I hope that clears up and confusion

dinwal's picture

Thank you Mike. I was confused because I was not sure if the upgrade to 40-core system happened after the decision to turn turbo boost off was made.

Login to leave a comment.