Confuse question about Character controller

Confuse question about Character controller

In havok there has two character controller, CharacterRigidBody and CharacterProxy
And now I do a test with these two kinds of controller, and each I set a very fast speed(about 100m/s) to them.If I do some input, then I call setLinearVelocity() in the update function every frame, after the characterContext update.So I can simulator when I have input, the speed will keep at 100m/s.
I sure have set correct about the maxvelocity(20m/s) and maxaccelerator(10m/s) about the characterContext.

But here I have question, when I have no input, I found the characterRigidyBody would immediately drop speed to 20m/s at next frame, But the characterProxy would drop speed gradually to 20m/s after a few frame.

So is this the way havok do like that or I have sth wrong?And if I want characterRigidBody drop speed gradually when I suddenly remove the input, How can I do this?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,Since you have to set the linear velocity of the character rigid body yourself, you could interpolate the value down to 20m/s as soon as you have detected that there were no more input.Can you give such a setup a try?-Vincent

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today