You can read other tag than 15693 protocol?

I want only to capture the UID.

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi posses,

Can you provide more details on what you are trying to do, and what other types of tags you want to read?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,I need to read the UID of tag's, for example the protocolsEstandard Class 1 G2.Just the UID, not the tag dataThanks

Hi posses,

The MCA software and tablets that are using the MCA software will not work with the Class 1 G2 tags. I beleive they operate at a different frequency and would require different RFID reader hardware in the MCAtablets.

Is this something you are using in a medical application or is it foranother usage model?

Thanks,
Steve

HiSteve,

I'musing anapplicationforminingandwanted totryothertypesoftags.
I'mtrying to readthebrandtagsyntagrfid(www.syntagrfid.com),workingwithISO15393 to 13.56MHZandthe reader can notread them.

Thatexplanationisthis?

Thanks

Hi posses

The MCA software currently supports tag protocol ISO 15693 only. Protocols ISO 14443A/B, TagIt*, and HF-EPC* and others are not currently supported by the MCA software. Assuming the tags are good and are ISO 15693 tags, make sure you are holding them close enough to the RFID reader (1-2 inches). Also, you should verify the RFID hardware is enabled on the MCA hardware device.

If you are positive they are ISO 15693 andthey still do not work, set the MCA log file level to debug, scan the tag again, and then read the error in the log file to see what the failure is.

Please note the MCA software is only intended for medical applications. I looked at the SYNTAG web site and it looks like their focus is more for industrial and warehouse use. That usage model is not supported with MCA software.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,You cando somethingwithdebugcodeto attachtomypost?Thanks

Hi posses,

Can you please tell me which MCA tablet you are using and what medical application you are working on?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,We are working on C5 table and we are interestedonly capture the UID of the tag.Thanks,Posses

HI Steve.I'm alsoworking withtheversion MCA 3.0.0ThanksPosses

Hi Posses,

The MCA software product is ony supported for medical applications. The web site you sent for the tags looks like an industrial application. We will not be able to provide support for that usage model.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,Theapplication isindifferenttowhat isneeded,atag isatagsotheteamshouldbeabletoread it.Sinceyou needamedical applicationtosupportthistagwilltell you thatweincorporate,for their resistancetomedical equipment tobetraced.

Nowif Icansupport?

Thanks

Hi posses,

I have sent a request to SYNTAG to see if they have any rfid tags that are ISO 15693 protocol compliant. Assuming they do, we will ask them to send us some samples so we can test with them and see what we find.

If the SYNTAG rfidtags are not ISO 15693 protocol compliant then they will not work with the MCA software.

I will update you when I hear back from SYNTAG, but would expect this will take several weeks.

-Steve

Hi Steve,I'm waiting your answersThanks in advance.Posses

Hi posses,

Can you tell me which SYNTAG rfid tags you are testing with? Here is a link to their product page:

http://www.syntagrfid.com/page-1

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm working with:
SYNTAG
UT-2100
LA-2400

Happy Holidays

Hi Steve,Anything new with regard to reading the tag "syntag"?Posses.

We have contacted Syntag and requested samples of both tags you are testing with. They have agreed to provide them to us, but so far we are still waiting to receive them. Syntag indicated they did not have spares or samples of these tags as they were made to order. I assume they are waiting for the next order of the tags from a customer to come in in which case they will build a few extra to send to us for testing.

-Steve

Hi Steve,Look this code:D [2010-12-16 15:21:21.606] {S1-P2752-T2600} [RF_PLUGIN] RfidPluginImpl::RfidPluginInterfaceImpl::SelectTag(tagUID="E004028000867680") ENTEREDD [2010-12-16 15:21:21.606] {S1-P2752-T2600} [RF_PLUGIN] RfidPluginImpl::RfidPluginInterfaceImpl::SelectTag() SUCCEEDED: PS_SuccessD [2010-12-16 15:21:21.606] {S1-P2752-T2600} [Connector] ConnectorThread::HandleRequest() SUCCEEDED: HC_SuccessD [2010-12-16 15:21:21.606] {S1-P2752-T3580} [Connector] ConnectorThread::SendRequest() SUCCEEDED:ENTEREDIn this part the MCA read the tag: "E004028000867680", then comes the problem.Attach the file for your analys.Thanksposses

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download MCA1.txt684.92 KB

Hi Posses,

We have still not received the sample tags from Syntag so we have not been able to move forward with the issue. We really need the RFID tags to be able to troubleshoot the issue. Would it be possible for you to send us two samples each of both the UT-2100 and LA-2400 tags you are using?

I will ask our developers to look at the log file you sent for clues, but they will need the tags to really determine what is happening.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Posses,

I wanted to let you know we finally received the RFID tags from Syntag late today. We will begin our testing tommorow so I should have an update for you in few days.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Posses,

We have been testing with the Syntag RFID tags and determined the issue. The Syntag RFID tags do not support multiple block reads, and the MCA software does not support single block reads a this time. The next version of the MCA software will support single block reads. We plan to release the next version of MCAsoftwarelater this year, but we do not have a release date yet. For now you will not be able to use the MCA software to read the Syntag RFID tags.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,Thank you very muchfor theinformation.

Greetings

Login to leave a comment.