Cache Details of Acan001 server?

Cache Details of Acan001 server?

I wonder if there are some Linux command(s) or config files that can help me know some of the cache and memory details, such as cache associativity, cache size, memory size, number of memory modules, their connections on the mother board and with the memory controller etc. If not, is there a pdf that describes these things? Thanks in advance.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

There are links to the OEMtechnical product spec documents in my reply to the forum posting: What are the specifications for the Linux box? Check out the docs from theQSSC OEM.

In addtion there is a tool that extracts the data from /proc/cpuinfo called /opt/bin/cpuinfio, that you might find useful.Inaddition /proc/meminfowill alsogive you data on the system memory

Quoting Mike Pearce (Intel)
There are links to the OEMtechnical product spec documents in my reply to the forum posting: What are the specifications for the Linux box? Check out the docs from theQSSC OEM.

In addtion there is a tool that extracts the data from /proc/cpuinfo called /opt/bin/cpuinfio, that you might find useful.Inaddition /proc/meminfowill alsogive you data on the system memory

Thank you Mike, I am aware of the cpuinfo but it gives only so much information about memory. My concern is that based on the configuration of DIMMs, M/Bs, and memory controllers the frequency at which the memory modules operate might differ. I believe the spec will come hand here; I will check the product spec and get back to you if I still have some questions.

On the login server (acano01) the memory is fully populated with 4GB DIMMS- 256Gb total, this consists of:

8 riser cards populatedwith 8 4GB 1066Mhz DIMMS = 256GB

On the batch servers (acano02 and acano03) they are populated with 4GB DIMMS - 64GB total, they consists of:
8 riser cards populated with2 4GB 1066MHz DIMMS = 64GB

Quoting Mike Pearce (Intel)
On the login server (acano01) the memory is fully populated with 4GB DIMMS- 256Gb total, this consists of:

8 riser cards populatedwith 8 4GB 1066Mhz DIMMS = 256GB

On the batch servers (acano02 and acano03) they are populated with 4GB DIMMS - 64GB total, they consists of:
8 riser cards populated with2 4GB 1066MHz DIMMS = 64GB

Thank you Mike for taking the pain to digg this information. I wonder what kind of motherboards are being used as I know sometimes (may be usually) when the memory is fully populated the DIMMs can not operate at their maximum frequency. For instance, this white paper by Fujistsu(https://globalsp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/docs/wp-westmere-ep-memory-performa...) talks about how DIMM configurations affect max frequency for Intel Westmere architecture. Anyways, thank you for your help.

Regards,

Dinesh Agarwal

Please check out the OEMlink within the forum posting: What are the specifications for the Linux box?

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=77077

It should answer your questions.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today