Can I use the esrv tool to collect data from a Yokogawa WT210?

Can I use the esrv tool to collect data from a Yokogawa WT210?

A customer wants to use the esrv tool to collect data from a Yokogawa WT210. He has a version using a GPIB interface, a standard protocol for transmitting digital information between measurement equipments, to a PC using a USB interface via a converter. Does the esrv have support for this configuration? The answer at this time is no. Currently, there is support for serial over USB, but not for GPIB or GPIB over USB. GPIB over USB still uses GPIB protocol and requires an adequate driver. Since the Intel Energy Checker SDK is targeting multiple operating systems, using the serial interface allows the greatest flexibility. However, support for GPIB could be added in future releases.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I agree with you
=======
non voice projects

Hi,I just tried to compile IEC SDK today.I successfully used the pl_open function from Shell (Ubuntu)However, when I tried to compile the code, tried both on WIndows and Linux, I get compile error regarding the type uuid_t.I have completely failed to resolve the issue of uuid library.Can you point to where this library is available and how can I install this library ??---

Quote:

Roger Herrick wrote:

A customer wants to use the esrv tool to collect data from a Yokogawa WT210. He has a version using a GPIB interface, a standard protocol for transmitting digital information between measurement equipments, to a PC using a USB interface via a converter. Does the esrv have support for this configuration? The answer at this time is no. Currently, there is support for serial over USB, but not for GPIB or GPIB over USB. GPIB over USB still uses GPIB protocol and requires an adequate driver. Since the Intel Energy Checker SDK is targeting multiple operating systems, using the serial interface allows the greatest flexibility. However, support for GPIB could be added in future releases.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today