Fatel Error when compiling Release code for Cilk++

Fatel Error when compiling Release code for Cilk++

Hello,

I have Cilk++ version 1.1.0.8504 for VS2008 and I am getting the following mesage when compiling in Release mode

Fatal error: exception Rewrite.Error("semilattice meet")
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Compiling Cilk++ files..."

It compiles just fine in Debug mode and other simpler tests I have tried can create release versions.

I was just wondering if this is a known error with a quick fix I can apply before I start trying to rip apart the file to see what might be triggering the error.

Shawn

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

It appears that the problem was in the Cilk compile options for some reason I had the Inline function expansion set to Only __inline (/Ob1) and that doesn't appear to work with Cilk when I set it back to Default I am able to compile.

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

The "semilattice meet" error indicates that the assembly rewriter was unsuccessful in performing part of its analysis of the code produced by the Microsoft compiler. The only thing I can think to suggest is to try other optimization levels for Release mode for your code (e.g., /O2).

-wml

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today