How I get The Vertices of a Simulation

How I get The Vertices of a Simulation

Hi again,
I'm Learning more about Directx and i now a little of how to render a Mesh from files and apply
effects files (*.fx), but I want to Get the vertices of a simulation of havok ( as the hkDemo.exe that converts vertices and render a object depending of vertex its for each demo ) for example if i create a wall and shot a spheres I want to get The vertices to Render its using a function as the the hkdemos
( i think that when some says me that i have to use RigidBody->GetTransform() this is used for the world matrix (D3DXMATRIX)not for use as vertices)
( I would to view the contens of a (*.Lib) --hkgDx9.lib,hkgDx9s.lib and the others hkg... )
What I have to do ??

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
havokchrisk's picture

Hey michaelguerra,

I think the general direction you'll want to go in is looking at hkxMesh... and specifically, hkxMeshSection, which holds vertex/index buffers and material data that you can use for your own rendering. You can either use modeler-exported meshes (from the Havok Content Tools), or you can build hkGeometry objects from your actual physics shapes, and use these to create your own hkxMesh objects.

Chris

Developer Support Engineer
Havok
www.havok.com

Login to leave a comment.