Controlling the Camera of MCA, once again.

Controlling the Camera of MCA, once again.

zeinsalah's picture

Hi,

I would like tocontrol the settings of my MCA camera, e.g., the resolution of video. Also, I would like to disable the auto focus, and control the focus manually.

Of course, I mean if there is a control panel for the camera. I donnot need to do this by programming myself.

Thanks,

Zeno

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
johnny-cutright (Intel)'s picture

Zeno,

The help files in the SDK have suggestions on how to to use these controls. Some are also controlable through the config editor for default handlers.

John C

zeinsalah's picture

Hello John,

I have now searched the help files and developer guides. Unfortunately, I could not find a way to control (disable) the focus function. Actually, in the MCA SDK Geveloper Guide (page 46), the focus setting is mentioned, but nowhere else in the documents/file I could find anything about it. My MCA is this one:

http://www.tarox.de/index.php?id=3172

and the cameraclearly has an auto focus, which I need to disable or set manually in the video mode (since it causes a non-smooth video framing that totally disturbs my application.

I am actually wondering that the device does not have a control panel to control such basic settings. I wish myself something like the software that comes with even the cheepest Logitech webcam!

I would still appreciate hints :).

Best,
Zeno

Zeno,

We have checked with the Twinhead systems we have access to and none of the system's supports "Focus" option.

To test to see if your system does support the "Focus" option, we have attached two applications.

The attached two applications can be used to test whether Focus is supported by Camera or not.

CameraTest.exe (Must have 2.0 or newer MCA PD)

CameraDemoNet.exe (Must have 3.0 MCA PD)

The steps to execute the applications are mentioned in the attached document "Steps to Execute.doc"

Also there is no entry in CFG file for focus option. If camera supports focus option it can be adjusted with CameraDemoNet.exe as per the supported option. For Bormann and Panasonic this option is supported by Camera hardware.

Password for Application.zip: intel

Please note: remove the _(underscore) from the extension of the files and name it to .exe.

Thanks

John C

Attachments: 

zeinsalah's picture

Hello John,

thanks alot for your effort. I will test the device tomorrow since it is in my office. Maybe I should ask now how I can test which MCA PD has my device, and if it is an old one, how to upgrade.

Bests,
Zeno

zeinsalah's picture

Hi,

so, I installed MCA PD 2.0 (where can I find ver. 3.0?), then copied the two .exe files into {instDir}/bin as explained. Wen I double-click the CameraText.exe program, I get the following error message:

"The application could not be started since the application configuration is not correct."

The CameraDemoNET did not start at all.

Does the above message mean that the focus is not supported or the program did not start due to other reasons?

Best,

Zeno

Zeno

You can get the MCA PD 3.0 from Twinhead we cannot supply you with their MCA PD3.0 directly.

It looks like the cameraTest.exe was giving this error because it could not find the proper runtime environment. The application expected VS2008 re-distributable on the target machine which was not available. We compiled the application using VS2005 with static linking and tested the application and it should work with MCA PD2.0. Please use VS2005

CameraDemoNet.exe was failing because it was supposed to be used with MCA PD3.0, not with MCA PD2.0. We have create a new application for MCA PDK 2.0 and should work MCA PD2.0.

The attached applications can be used to test whether Focus is supported by Camera or not.

CameraTest.exe (Can work with 2.0 onward MCA PD)

CameraDemoNet.exe (Can work with 2.0 onward MCA PD)

Attachments: 

zeinsalah's picture

Hello,

thanks, John !

Have you changed the password? "intel" does not work any more!

BTW, I have VS2005 redist. on the MCA.

Best,

Zeno

Zeno,

Try intel@123

Thanks

John C

zeinsalah's picture

Thanks for the pw.

Here is what I got:

CameraTest does not start and I get the following message:
"This application has failed to start because MCBttnEC.dll was not found. Re-Installing the application may fix this problem"

CameraDemoNET starts but does not find the camera device. when I press "start preview/reserve", I get the same error message above ;).

Zeno

Zeno,

MCBttnEC.dll is the button driver on Motion tablets, The applications we sent never uses this DLL and we never expect such errors from these applications. Looks like there is some problem with either the system configuration or the usage of PD.

To figure this outwe need following information.

1. The system configuration on which you are using the PD.

2. The version of the MCA PD installed on the system and from where you gotthe PD?

3. Are you using MCA PD on development systems or on the target systems?

4. We need IntelHealthcare.cfg from {instDir}/bin.

5. We need MCA.log file when you get these errors, DEBUG mode should be enabled from Config Editor before getting this log file.

Steps to enable DEBUG mode in configuration editor and to locate MCA.log file.

1. Start config editor.

2. Under ConfigurationLogging, Select Default Level as DEBUG.

Login to leave a comment.