Questions about SENTER err code & DPR base

Questions about SENTER err code & DPR base

Hi,I got the error code C00038F1 when executing GETSEC[SENTER]. According to the sinit_errors.txt along with the Sinit AC Module (GM45_GS45_PM45_SINIT_21), it means:Current values of VT-d PMR registers do not match requested values in SinitMleData. I'm quite confused with this explanation. SinitMleData is not even initialized when executing SENTER. Then how can we know the requested value?The second question is about a Intel TXT Control Register. I found tBoot defined a register called TXTCR_DPR with an offset of 0x0330. But this register is not documented in the TXT development guide. Does this register report the base address of the DMA Protected Region (DPR)?Anybody can help me? Thanks!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Have been following up internally on your questions. Should have a reply shortly. Thx.

David Ott

Here arecomments I received from anexpert on this topic:

Error 0xC00038F1 indicates that the PMRs are already enabled at the time of SENTER but that their values do not match what is being requested by the MLE (the description has a typo: it should be OsSinitData). If tboot is being used, since tboot does not enable the PMRs itself, this would indicate some SW that runs before tboot has set them.

The TXTCR_DPR register is the DMA Protected Region register. It will be documented in the next version of the MLE Developers Guide.

David Ott

Thx, David. =)

Login to leave a comment.