Warning message

Warning message

Can you tell me why we get the following warning. I thought the -Qvc8 and -Qlocation should avoid this message.

Intel Fortran Compiler for 32-bit applications, Version 9.1 Build 20061103Z Package ID: W_FC_C_9.1.033

Copyright (C) 1985-2006 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

ifort -Qvc8 "-Qlocation,link,C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\Bin" astap.for /fpe:0 /names:lowercase /iface:cref /module:C:\\PROGRA~1\\CULLIM~1\\SINDAF~1\\lib /MT /libs:dll /iface:mixed_str_len_arg /include:C:\\PROGRA~1\\CULLIM~1\\SINDAF~1\\lib /assume:byterecl /extend_source:132 /O3 /list /traceback /INCREMENTAL:NO

ifort: warning: Microsoft Visual C++ not found in path

THanks

Dave

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Neither -Qvc8 nor -Qlocation,link would have any effect on this. Please show the output of a "cl" command in this command environment.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

C:\Documents and Settings\jprasad>CL

Microsoft 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50727.762 for 80x86

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

usage: cl [ option... ] filename... [ /link linkoption... ]

That looks correct. I don't know what the problem is, then, and 9.1 is no longer a supported version. Does your code compile anyway?

Yes it seems to compile and run fine for this set-up. But the user is concerned that we shouldn't get a warning.

I agree, but I think you'll have to live with it. Is this reproducible on anyone else's system?

I haven't heard of it anywhere else, but so many users will live with a lot of warnings without being concerned that it could be and I just don't know about it. Thanks for the help.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today