Programmatic way to compare processors

Programmatic way to compare processors

Hello!

First of all, I apologize for asking this question in this forum. I'm aware the question is unrelated to the forum's purposes, but I just wasn't able to find another place to post it to. Feel free to move it around to wherever it best fits.

So, the question...

I am developing a program in C# using .NET 3.5 for checking if a computer has the minimum requirements for running a given installation. The main problem I am facing is regarding how to compare the current system CPU against the minimum requirements.

I'm currently using WMI to query for the installed processor, but all I get is the processor name, clock frequency and Family/Model/Stepping (along some other info that doesn't look like very helpful for what I need).

Is there any way I can compute if CPU is faster then the minimum requirements based on the information provided by WMI? Or would I have to run a benchmark and forget about WMI information?

Thanks in advance!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Rafaelbc,

Intel IPP has what you are looking for, please check the article at the following URL:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-pr...

Regards,
Tamer

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today