Report active license expired for C++ STM Compiler 3.0 for Linux

Report active license expired for C++ STM Compiler 3.0 for Linux

I download the C++ STM Compiler 3.0 and install it using an active evaluation license for C++ Compiler for Linux.
The installation is successfully complete. But it reports errors that my license has expired when I try to run it.

lili@lili-desktop:~$ icc

Error: A license for BetaSTMCCompL could not be obtained.

Your license has expired.

License file(s) used were (in this order):
1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. 6.. 7..

Please visit http://www.intel.com/software/products to obtain license renewal information.

icc: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

Has anyone met this problem before? I need your help. Thank you!

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - lili2014
I download the C++ STM Compiler 3.0 and install it using an active evaluation license for C++ Compiler for Linux.
The installation is successfully complete. But it reports errors that my license has expired when I try to run it.

Many people are having the same problem, (including me)

I downloaded the Intel pro version (NOT STM version), I used the key (it was a key that I got when I downloaded this Pro version last Spetember, but since then I formated my PC and I'm using now a new Ubuntu installation)
I the uninstalled Intel C++ pro (11.0), after using it for one day (successfully), and then Installed the Intel STM version (Intel C STM Compiler Professional for applications running on IA-32, Prototype Edition 3.0 Build 20081204 Package ID: l_cproc_p_11.0.606)
And now it shows the same problem !

Quoting - baghdadi_riyadh

Many people are having the same problem, (including me)

Really? So has anyone figured out this problem? It is strange, I have used C++ STM compiler 2.0 before but there is no such problem. i cannot find a place to download 2.0 now.

Quoting - lili2014

Really? So has anyone figured out this problem? It is strange, I have used C++ STM compiler 2.0 before but there is no such problem. i cannot find a place to download 2.0 now.

This is not the right forum for this question. I'll transfer you to the correct place so you'll get the help needed.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Hello,

I'm having the same problem here.

After a quick investigation, in the/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/606/bin/intel64/l_cpp_32e_cd.lic license file, there is the line

FEATURE I0000000000000000000G000000000 INTEL 2008.1208 31-dec-2009

(I guess this line isn't too confidential for the forum)

The expiration date seems to be set to the 12/31/09, so the license has now expired. This is causing us some trouble. I didn't try to change it by hand in the file as I'm not root on the machine, but if someone wants to try...

If someone from Intel could answer us about this and tell us if it's intentional or if it's just a bug and then provide a new license file, I'd be glad.

Cordially,

Quoting - degomme

Hello,

I'm having the same problem here.

After a quick investigation, in the/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/606/bin/intel64/l_cpp_32e_cd.lic license file, there is the line

FEATURE I0000000000000000000G000000000 INTEL 2008.1208 31-dec-2009

(I guess this line isn't too confidential for the forum)

The expiration date seems to be set to the 12/31/09, so the license has now expired. This is causing us some trouble. I didn't try to change it by hand in the file as I'm not root on the machine, but if someone wants to try...

If someone from Intel could answer us about this and tell us if it's intentional or if it's just a bug and then provide a new license file, I'd be glad.

Cordially,

Just changing the time in .lic file will not work, I have tried. There are more issues about security.

If anyone has no time to wait for intel's renewal, I suggest an awkard and effective method. Just change the time in YOUR system! It is done,

Li,

Me too, and my license file is new and has not expired. Using: Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04

Update: Setting the date back works for me. Seems to be a bug with 2010.

Cheers

Quoting Jennifer Jiang (Intel)

Quoting - lili2014

This is not the right forum for this question. I'll transfer you to the correct place so you'll get the help needed.

Thanks,
Jennifer

I am having the same problem. I don't want to change the time on my system.

Jennifer,

Can you suggest the right place to get help since this seems to be not the right forum. Thanks.

I'm having the same problem, too!!!

Does anyone know another solution?? Without changing the time in the system. I working in a cluster and this is not an option.

Quoting drc5

Quoting - lili2014

Thanks,
Jennifer

Jennifer,

Can you suggest the right place to get help since this seems to be not the right forum. Thanks.

Quoting drc5

Quoting - lili2014

Thanks,
Jennifer

Jennifer,

This now becomes a road-blocker for me.

If there a temp fix?

Does anybody know if/when Intel will release a new ICC STM build that extends the existing temp license?

Cry for a fix......

Thank you

Chuck

I have the same problem!!!! Suggestions??? (I can't change the time on the computer)

I guess that the version 2.0 works fine, Where can I download it???

Thank you very much

The Team is aware of the issue. The Intel C++ STM compiler 3.0 licenses are expired for users to use, the Intel C++ STM compiler 4.0 that supports Draft Specification of Transactional Language Constructs for C++(http://software.intel.com/file/21569132kb PDF) will be posted in a few months.

Tentatively the current plan is to release C++ STM Compiler 4.0 by end of August 2010.

i'm facing the same problem for Intel STM Compiler 3.0. And my licenses expires, I would apprecialte if anyone give me a solution.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today