XSLT SOA Expressway

XSLT SOA Expressway

bonekrusher's picture

I've ran 2 test using the Beta version of the XSLT SOA Expressway. Both failed, but worked in XMLspy and Saxon. Where are bugs being reported?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Russell Davoli (Intel)'s picture
Quoting - bonekrusher I've ran 2 test using the Beta version of the XSLT SOA Expressway. Both failed, but worked in XMLspy and Saxon. Where are bugs being reported?

I'm using this forum for support issues. What behavior did you see? Did you see an error, no output, a crash, or something else? Can you post the stylesheet and XML here? There's an "Add Files" button just above the reply editor window to attach files. Also, did the samples supplied in the .zip file work on your machine?

Thanks, Russell

bonekrusher's picture

Hi, Thank you for the response.

I recieve this error:

Exception at file""[line 0]FODC0002: An unexpected character in attribute appeared: "=" [line 148 col 52] @:0:0

The error does not indicate if the the line number is in the source xml or stylesheet. I will need to create a working smaller example and post them for you... stand by.

bonekrusher's picture

Ok, I will start with a small example. In this example, I noticed 2 issues.

1. The resulting xml file is passed to the stdout rather then a file
  2. Parameters are not being passed into the stylesheet

XML:

[xhtml]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Test Data
Test Data
Test Data
[/xhtml]

XSLT

[/xhtml]

Comandline to run:

soaexslt2.exe  test.xslt sample_error.xml -o C:sandboxIntelXSLTresult.xml test.param=test 

Error:

XSLT Exception at file""[line 0]XTDE0050: The required global parameter is not specifed with a value. @:0:0

Best Reply
Quoting - bonekrusher Ok, I will start with a small example. In this example, I noticed 2 issues.
  1. The resulting xml file is passed to the stdout rather then a file
  2. Parameters are not being passed into the stylesheet

XML:

Test Data
Test Data
Test Data
[/xhtml]

XSLT

[/xhtml]

Comandline to run:

soaexslt2.exe  test.xslt sample_error.xml -o C:sandboxIntelXSLTresult.xml test.param=test 

Error:

XSLT Exception at file""[line 0]XTDE0050: The required global parameter is not specifed with a value. @:0:0

Thank you for posting the test files and the command line. I reproduced the problem. The solution is to change the order of your command line as follows:

soaexslt2.exe -o c:sandboxIntelXSLTresult.xml test.xslt sample_error.xml test.param=test

The command line processing is somewhat rigid. It expects options to appear before stylesheet and xml files, and parameters must be after those files.

When I used the command line in the order shown above, I got the output in the specified file. It looked like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 Test Data Test Data Test Data

Please try this and let me know if you get what you expect.

bonekrusher's picture

Thanks,

That works.

I have a slew of errors I am recieving for a number of stylesheets that I use. I will try to come up with some test cases and post them

Thanks,

Quoting - bonekrusher Thanks,

That works.

I have a slew of errors I am recieving for a number of stylesheets that I use. I will try to come up with some test cases and post them

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for updating me. Do you have any more stylesheets you'd like us to look into? I'll be happy look at those and pass problems on the to the development team. We do plan to update the download with a new beta and we'd appreciate a chance to address the issues you've found.

Thanks,

Russell

Login to leave a comment.