Where to get hardware specs

Where to get hardware specs

dreadnyah's picture

Hi:

This is my first post to this forum so if I breach any rules or standards of etiquette, please let me know.

I am taking a second course in assembly programming, I am already fairly proficient in C, and would like to try my hand at a real world program in assembly.

I would like to write a linux driver for the Intel WiFiLink 5100 wireless card (half mini PCI-E). The reason for my choice is that Linux is my main OS and the current linux driver for the card is problematic.

I am not able to find details of the chipset used, the chipset manufacturer or the hardware/technical specifications for the card.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me where I can get the hardware specs for the WifiLink 5100.

-->

I have been googling and searching this site unsuccessfully for the past few hours so I would be grateful for any help that this forum can give me.

Regards

dreadnyah

-->

-->
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Paul Steinberg (Intel)'s picture
Quoting - dreadnyah Hi:

This is my first post to this forum so if I breach any rules or standards of etiquette, please let me know.

I am taking a second course in assembly programming, I am already fairly proficient in C, and would like to try my hand at a real world program in assembly.

I would like to write a linux driver for the Intel WiFiLink 5100 wireless card (half mini PCI-E). The reason for my choice is that Linux is my main OS and the current linux driver for the card is problematic.

I am not able to find details of the chipset used, the chipset manufacturer or the hardware/technical specifications for the card.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me where I can get the hardware specs for the WifiLink 5100.

I have been googling and searching this site unsuccessfully for the past few hours so I would be grateful for any help that this forum can give me.

Regards

dreadnyah

Welcome to the forum dreadnyah! I will see if I can find someone who can help with your questions, as I cannot ;-) All the best, Paul Steinberg

Login to leave a comment.