HF-RFID Lock/Kill/AccessPswd

HF-RFID Lock/Kill/AccessPswd

Hi,

I could not see any methods about Lock/Kill/AccessPwd e.t.c.
Is tag lock possible iso15693 standards or others std?
Waiting your comments.

Br,
Unsal Donmez

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Unsal,

I am not sure I understand the question. Can you provide more detail about what you are trying to do?

Thanks,
Steve

Quoting - Steven Murray (Intel)

Hi Unsal,

I am not sure I understand the question. Can you provide more detail about what you are trying to do?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Actually, we need to lock the tag' user memory and set access/kill password to unable to read or kill other rfid hf reader.
Ex. I want to write a patientId,blood type. etc. to a tag with a panasonic mca permanently. Nobody could be able to write again and again. How can I achive this or is that possible?

For instance, in the UHF reader we can set access pswd and kill pswd to stable to user memory or EPC block. If we can not do this, one person can kill all tag with a handheld reader and that might be a very big problem!.

Thanks,
br,
Unsal

Hi Unsal,

We do not expose the MCA API to this functionality, but you can communicate directly with the RFID reader to implement this. The down side of doing it directly is that your code will likely only work for a specific RFID reader, so you would need to know what RFID reader it is for each MCA tablet you planned to install on. Also, you may have to deal with exposing patient identifiable data to anyone with a 15693 reader.

In speaking with our developers about this they mentioned that we have considered adding this functionality in a future release of the MCA software, but this is the first time somebody has ever asked about it. What is your time frame for needing this functionality?

Thanks,
Steve

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today