Unknown target error when trying to build

Unknown target error when trying to build

I have installed the Intel compiler, version 11.1.009 for use with Momentics IDE 4.5 and Neutrino 6.4.0. When I select it as the active compiler and try to build a project I get:

qcc -o StackCommandButton.o ..\StackCommandButton.cpp -V11.1.009,icc_ntox86_cpp -w1 -IC:\projects\ARI\ARICommon\utils -IC:\projects\ARI\UAVDevelopment\OpenGL\agg-2.5\include -IC:\projects\ARI\ARICommon\include -IC:\projects\ARI\ARICommon\phcpp -IC:\projects\ARI\ARICommon\tns\Reflection -IC:\projects\ARI\UAVDevelopment\OpenGL\Classes -IC:\projects\hydril\Projects\hydra\RenderEngine -c -g
cc: unknown target 'icc_ntox86_cpp+debug'
cc: no targets defined in /11.1.009!

After doing some research I discovered that selecting the Intel compiler didnt fill out the environment variables the way that selecting gcc 4.2.4 does. The AS, CXX, LD, and QCC_CONF_PATH variables are left blank. I manually set them to these values, mimicking the settings from 4.2.4, but changing them for the Intel compiler:

CC qcc -V11.1.009,icc_ntox86
AS, CXX, & LD qcc -V11.1.009,icc_ntox86_cpp
QCC_CONF_PATH C:\QNX640\host\win32\x86\etc\qcc\icc

Building with these settings I get:

qcc -o StackCommandButton.o ..\StackCommandButton.cpp -V11.1.009,icc_ntox86_cpp -w1 -IC:\projects\ARI\ARICommon\utils -IC:\projects\ARI\UAVDevelopment\OpenGL\agg-2.5\include -IC:\projects\ARI\ARICommon\include -IC:\projects\ARI\ARICommon\phcpp -IC:\projects\ARI\ARICommon\tns\Reflection -IC:\projects\ARI\UAVDevelopment\OpenGL\Classes -IC:\projects\hydril\Projects\hydra\RenderEngine -c -g
cc: unknown target 'icc_ntox86_cpp+debug'
cc: targets available in C:\QNX640\host\win32\x86\etc\qcc\icc/11.1.009:
icc_ntox86 (default)

It looks like it might not be recognizing the icc_ntox86++.conf file because it does contain an entry for icc_ntox86_cpp+debug. Also if I rename the icc_ntox86.conf file and try to build I get the same output as when the environment isnt set correctly.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Before I dig deeper into this issue can you please confirm that you have installed the patch for 6.4.0 which we refer to in the RN for the compiler.The patchcan be downloaded from QSS (a link is provided in the RN).

Regards,
Bernth

I had not installed the patch when I posted.

I just installed the patch and I get the same behavior

Quoting - actionhank

I had not installed the patch when I posted.

I just installed the patch and I get the same behavior

What is your operation system?Can the issue be reproduced by a simple hello-world application? Could you attach a simple testing project that can reproduce the issue so that I can investigate?
Thanks.
-Yang

Yang,

Sorry for the delay.

I have tried this on WinXP pro with Momentics 6.4.0 and Windows Server 2003 with Momentics 6.4.1.

I am able to reproduce the issue with a simple hello world app which I have attached (from the 6.4.1 install).

I'm thinking that this may be a system configuration problem so I'm guessing that if you can already compile with ICC that you'll be able to compile my test project.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download ICCTest.zip7.06 KB

Quoting - actionhank

Yang,

Sorry for the delay.

I have tried this on WinXP pro with Momentics 6.4.0 and Windows Server 2003 with Momentics 6.4.1.

I am able to reproduce the issue with a simple hello world app which I have attached (from the 6.4.1 install).

I'm thinking that this may be a system configuration problem so I'm guessing that if you can already compile with ICC that you'll be able to compile my test project.

Hi,
When you create a new project, please select "QNX C++ Project" instead of "C++ Project" through File->New. I'm not sure the issue you found is an integration issue or not. I will confirm it and let you know.
Thank you.
-Yang

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today