Integration with visual-studio

Integration with visual-studio

Hi, now I think I know the array viewer can be integated with visual-studio. So given I have installed the intel fortran compiler, then I install the array viewer. I also set the path in the visual-studio. I try a file, everything is OK.

Since my target is to see the array in a debug window, so I set a breakpoint (Is this necassary?). So during the debug, I select a variable in the code, and right-click it. I really have seen "View Array", but it is disabled as shown in the attached file.

Could anybody help me? Should uninstall the IVF and install the intel array viewer firstly and then re-install the IVF?

Thanks very very much because this is what I have wanted and been looking for for a long long time.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Are you using a 64bit operating system? Sadly, the array viewer's integration with Visual Studio does not work on 64bit. (See http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=59969) I get the greyed out "view array" on 64 bit but on 32bit it works just fine.

Steve Lionel has reproduced this problem and has reported it. Hopefully it will get fixed.

If you are on 32bit, you need to ensure that you have added the required directories to lib and include of Visual Studio IVF.

Abhi

Quoting - abhimodak
Are you using a 64bit operating system? Sadly, the array viewer's integration with Visual Studio does not work on 64bit. (See http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=59969) I get the greyed out "view array" on 64 bit but on 32bit it works just fine.

Steve Lionel has reproduced this problem and has reported it. Hopefully it will get fixed.

If you are on 32bit, you need to ensure that you have added the required directories to lib and include of Visual Studio IVF.

Abhi

Can you elaborate on the "add the required directories ... " instructions?
Thanks

Quoting - thomas.corrigan@jhuapl.edu

Can you elaborate on the "add the required directories ... " instructions?
Thanks

I think I've finally got it working by re-installing IVF. Not sure why this was needed, or where it told you to do that in any instructions ......

Login to leave a comment.