"problem with microsoft compilation of DspFilter.cpp"

"problem with microsoft compilation of DspFilter.cpp"

When building a project with Intel C++ I am getting a warning on a particular file:

icl: warning #10210: problem with Microsoft compilation of '..\source\DspFilter.cpp'

This results in a build error:

BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file 'C:\Dev\_build\_int\DSPTestRelDebug\DspFilter.sbr': No such file or directory

When I change the compiler used just for that one source file, to Microsoft Visual C++, no errors or warnings are generated.

The resulting .exe is still produced in either case; However the error prevents dependent targets from getting built.

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - thevinn
icl: warning #10210: problem with Microsoft compilation of '..sourceDspFilter.cpp'
BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file 'C:Dev_build_intDSPTestRelDebugDspFilter.sbr': No such file or directory

Is it possible for you upload the buildlog.htm?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Where does the build log go?

Quoting - thevinn
Where does the build log go?

Please follow directions here - http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showannouncement.php?a=78 to upload.

The buildlog.htm can be found under the "Debug" or "Release" directory.

Jennifer

I have attached two logs, one the result of the Intel C++ compiler and the other with the result of the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler. Here is my scenario:

My project is a static library, the target is RelDebug. It is configured to use Intel C++ for all files.

For the Microsoft Visual C++ log, I changed the one source file having problems (DspFilter.cpp) to use the Microsoft compiler, without changing anything else, and performed a rebuild.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download intel_log.htm14.3 KB
Download microsoft_log.htm8.98 KB

Thanks for the log files. That helps.
There's a bug in the compiler driver in interpreting the option /FR"c:hellodebug". the icl generates debug.sbr.

Also when trying duplicating this issue, I found an IDE integration bug when setting the /FR field value to something else, the generatedcmd "bscmake.exe" has bad parameters.

For work-around, set this file "DspFilter.cpp" 's property field"Browser file" as "inherite from project". It should work after.

Jennifer

Quoting - Jennifer Jiang (Intel)
There's a bug in the compiler driver in interpreting the option /FR"c:hellodebug". the icl generates debug.sbr.

The compiler drive is fine, only the IDE integration bug.

Can you also upload the .vcproj file please? Or upload file "DspFilter.cpp" property page: "Browser Information".

My error msg is different than yours. But I'd think the work-around should be the same.

Thanks again,
Jennifer

DspFilter is an open source library I wrote, if you want to try to compile it, here is is:

http://code.google.com/p/dspfilterscpp/downloads/list

It is just one .cpp and .h

Attached is the .vcproj with DspFilter.cpp (and other sources).

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download dj.vcproj70.6 KB

Quoting - thevinn
http://code.google.com/p/dspfilterscpp/downloads/list

Thanks thevinn.

I'll try your program with our compiler for all the issues you've reported today.

Jennifer

DspFilter.cpp was the only source file in the project has "Use Precompiled Headers" set to "No". When I changed DspFilter.cpp to the same setting as all the other files, and add the necessary #include for the precompiled header (my project uses precompiled headers) this problem goes away.

UPDATE: Nope, its back...

Quoting - thevinn
I have attached two logs, one the result of the Intel C++ compiler and the other with the result of the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler. Here is my scenario:

My project is a static library, the target is RelDebug. It is configured to use Intel C++ for all files.

For the Microsoft Visual C++ log, I changed the one source file having problems (DspFilter.cpp) to use the Microsoft compiler, without changing anything else, and performed a rebuild.

Hallo Jennifer,
I had have the same probs with icl: warning #10210: and BSCMAKE: error BK1506 using "Parallel Studio"
I switched off the /FRoption and the project compilessuccessful.
thanks

the issue with BSCMAKE error is fixed in the 12.0 Intel Parallel Composer 2011 and Intel C++ Composer XE.

thanks,
Jennifer

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today