MCA - Demo for VB.Net (2008)

MCA - Demo for VB.Net (2008)

Does anyone have any code examples for the RFID reader/writer written in VB.Net (2008) ?

Thanks

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Steven Murray (Intel)'s picture
Best Reply

Hello tiger1937,

We do not have a VB.Net 2008 example, but C# example code ships with MCA SDK release and there are plenty of free converters which can convert C# code to VB.Net code. We have not tested with any MCA software applications developed with Visual Studio 2008 and if you search the forum you will see some issues others have run into. The current version of MCA software has only been tested with VS2005 and that is what we would recommend you use and is listed as a requirement in the MCA documentation. We do plan to add support for VS2008, but the release date has not be set yet and is likely several months away.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that, it's much appreciated.

It's been several months since I've asked.... are there any demos available for VS-2008.... or even VS-2010 as that's we're we'll be soon.

Hi tiger1937,

We plan to support Visual Studio 8in the next version of the MCA software. Thissoftware is going through final validation now and should be released soon. I do not have an exact date for the release, but expect it to be this month.

Thanks,

Steve

That's great, I'll keep an eye out for it...Thanks ;-)

Hi tiger1937,

We have just released MCA SDK 3.0 which supports Visual Studio 8. You can download it from the link below.

Thanks,

Steve

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2854&DwnldID=18768&lang=eng

Hi. I have downloaded the MCA SDK 3.0

We have Panasonic CF-H1 units --I beleive the Platform Driver is 2.0.x

Do I have to update the PD on the devices if I want to use the new SDK?

-- thanks
-- rob

Hi Rob,

Ideally, you should use the same version of MCA SDK as the version of MCA Platform Driver installed on your tablet. You will also be OK if you use a version of the MCA SDK that is older than the MCA Platform Driver you are using. However, it is not recommended to use a newer version of the MCA SDK than the version of MCA Platform Driver you have installed. So if you plan to develop with the MCA SDK v3.0, you should be using MCA Platform Driver v3.0.

Thanks,

Steve

Just to prove to our customer that we can develop for their Panasonic H1 devices --

Hi Steve --

I have installed VS2005 and MCA SDK 2.0.1 on my development machine. My Panasonic H1 has PD 2.0.3 installed.

In VS, I open and compile the sample C# project "CameraDemoNet" and install it on the H1.

When I run it on the H1 I get "Camera device named '' was not found. (unable to get last error)" -- If you are familiar with the Panasonic H1, it has a camera built in.

Am I missing something when I move the compiled app to the H1? I see the Intel.Healthcare.dll in the application's folder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

rob

Hi Rob,

This usually happens when you use the sample programs that are a different version than the SDK or PD installed. For example, if you use a sample program from MCA 3.0 and try to run it on an MCA 2.x SDK or PD system it will fail in this manner. Please double check to make sure the sample/demo application you are using is being pulled from the MCA SDK 2.01 download.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve. Yes, I actually removed and re-installed SDK 2.0.3 to match the PD on the H1.
-- rob

Login to leave a comment.