Intel eXtended Debug Port (XDP) Detection

Intel eXtended Debug Port (XDP) Detection

cbuntain's picture

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a software security project and am using Intel's XDP to debug a CPU. After having read through the spec. for the debug port, there's a point that says XDP Detect Circuit. What exactly is that? I can't find a reference to it anywhere else.

Or, on the other hand, is there any model-specific register or flag set somewhere on the CPU that allows one to detect the presence of a device connected to the XDP?

Any help would be extremely appreciated. At the very least, if anyone knows a proper source or forum where I could ask this question, I would also be very grateful.

-Thank you,
Cody

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Intel Software Network Support's picture

Hello Cody,

In cases like this, you will often need to work with an Intel Product Representative.

If your company has its own Intel representative, you may wish to inquire whether they are able to assist with this inquiry. Your company's Purchasing Department will normally have your Intel representative's contact information. If you have no contact, please see http://www.intel.com/buy/networking/design.htm under "Design Components".

If your location is not listed, please see an Intel Authorized Distributor and ask for a Field Application Engineer (FAE). Our Intel Authorized Distributor list is also linked from the URL above.

Gina H.

Login to leave a comment.