"multimap.h" not found in Windows icl

"multimap.h" not found in Windows icl

does it go by a different name?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

If you want the sourceforge project, it's readily available.

Quoting - tim18
If you want the sourceforge project, it's readily available.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying I need to download "multimap.h" from sourceforge and install it myself? In other words, unlike , and other STL containers, is not part of ICL ?

Generally, ICL inherits the libraries which come with Visual Studio, and doesn't provide additional ones.

The Intel C++ compiler on Windows platformuses the development environment from MS Visual studioand Windows SDK. Also Intel C++ compiler is compatible with Visual studio.I think, the multimap.h is not part of Microsoft Visual Studio.

On linux palteform, Intel C++ compiler uses gcc development environment.

Quoting - Om Sachan (Intel)

The Intel C++ compiler on Windows platform uses the development environment from MS Visual studio and Windows SDK. Also Intel C++ compiler is compatible with Visual studio. I think, the multimap.h is not part of Microsoft Visual Studio.

On linux palteform, Intel C++ compiler uses gcc development environment.

Visual Studio user manual lists multimap was one of the STL containers; however, Visual C++ compiler does not recognize it either. Basically, this means I cannot (easily) use this container with C++ under Windows?

To use multimap template class you need to include header file in Visual Studio development environment.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today