How to get new Barcode Scanner Interface hardware supported by MCA

How to get new Barcode Scanner Interface hardware supported by MCA

What is the interface used to the barcode scanner hardware?

My company develops barcode scanners and has an existing API. I would like to provide a driver to bridge between MCA and my scanners API.

What's the best way to accomplish this?

This interface should be transparent to applications and the BC API will remain the same.

After doing some research I've determined that I need the "MCA Plug-In Development Kit", from where can I get this?

Regards,
Tom Conticello

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - tcontic
What is the interface used to the barcode scanner hardware?

My company develops barcode scanners and has an existing API. I would like to provide a driver to bridge between MCA and my scanners API.

What's the best way to accomplish this?

This interface should be transparent to applications and the BC API will remain the same.

After doing some research I've determined that I need the "MCA Plug-In Development Kit", from where can I get this?

Regards,
Tom Conticello

Hi Tom,

Intel does not manufacture MCA tablets, we just provide the MCA software for them. Each OEM who manufactures MCA tablets choose the barcode, camera, and RFID hardware they prefer. What hardware company do you represent? If you can provide the info I will forward to one of our business development managers to get in touch with you to discuss further.

Thanks,
Steve

Quoting - Steven Murray (Intel)

Hi Tom,

Intel does not manufacture MCA tablets, we just provide the MCA software for them. Each OEM who manufactures MCA tablets choose the barcode, camera, and RFID hardware they prefer. What hardware company do you represent? If you can provide the info I will forward to one of our business development managers to get in touch with you to discuss further.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I work for barcode scanning device manufaturer, we have a costomer request for integration of our scan engine into their MCA based product. Please contact me via email at Tom.Conticello@gmail.com and I'll fill you in on our company and the project.

Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

Does intel publish and distribute theMCA Plug-In Development Kit?

Tom

Hi Tom,

We do have an MCA Plug-In development kit that we provide OEM hardware developers. We can provide it to you if you have a standard non-disclosure agreement in place with Intel. I will forward the contact info you sent meto our business development team and they will contact you to get the ball rolling.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Tom,

We do have an MCA Plug-In development kit that we provide OEM hardware developers. We can provide it to you if you have a standard non-disclosure agreement in place with Intel. I will forward the contact info you sent meto our business development team and they will contact you to get the ball rolling.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

So far I haven't been contacted by anyone from Intel, I know we have an NDA in place please help expedite this.

Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom,

It usually takes 2-4 weeks, but I'll ping them again for you.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Tom,

It usually takes 2-4 weeks, but I'll ping them again for you.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

Still no contact from anyone at Intell regarding the development kit, please expedite.

Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom,

I just sent you an email to move this along.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Tom,

I just sent you an email to move this along.

Thanks,
Steve

hi Steve. Can you send it to me.i want get MCA Plug-In Development Kit too. my email: sz.zwtang@inside.evoc.cn. thanks!

vin

Quoting - vinthinking

hi Steve. Can you send it to me.i want get MCA Plug-In Development Kit too. my email: sz.zwtang@inside.evoc.cn. thanks!

vin

Hi vinthinking,

The MCA Plug-In Development Kit is something we provide OEM vendors who are developing MCA tablets such as Motion Computing, Panasonic, Twinhead, Advantech, and FIMI. It is not something we provide to standalone device developers such as RFID and barcode manufacturers. This is because the it is not possible to just develop something like an MCA barcode reader driver without regard to the rest of the platform. We occasionally get requests from vendors who have USB devices they just want to plug into a regular PC and then run the MCA software on top of it and simply does not work like that.

What has to occur is that the RIFD or barcode hardware device manufacturer needs to work with the OEMs that have MCA tablets to get their devices to be used as part of the MCA tablet. For example, a barcode or RFID device vendor contacted Intel because they wanted to include their barcode scanner to be used with an MCA tablet. We referred them to an MCA tablet OEM and they now they are working together to include the new RFID and barcode hardware into the OEMs MCA tablet. Once that agreement was in place and development was ready to go, we provided the RFID and barcode hardware manufacturer the MCA Plug-In Development Kit (and the support that goes with it) to help them develop the plug in for their device to be used in an MCA tablet.

So what needs to happen before we can provide the MCA Plug-In Development Kit to is you need to work with one of the existing MCA tablet manufacturers to win approval to be included as part of their MCA tablet hardware. Once that has happened, either Intel or the MCA Tablet OEM can provide the MCA Plug-In Development Kit to you.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Steve

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today